Tires Tires

Hey thanks everybody for the great advice. i have another question. since i should purchase new tires due to abnormal wear on my old ones.. which ones should i get? i have a 2001 GS430 and it is running on the 17" rims. the tire is 235mm wide. which tires are recommended? thanks for posting! B)

I have same wheels as you (17 inch factory). I use, and love, Continental Extreme Contact tires. They are excellent in all weather, have great ratings, and are very inexpensive. Go to tirerack.com and look at the wet/dry/snow ratings versus other brands....then look at the price!!!

Good luck! :cheers:

The Kumo's and Falken's drive nice and are pretty quiet. They are pretty inexpensive as well. Although you wont get the same deal, I had mine mounted and balanced for $400. Make sure you get the car aligned after you get the new tires. If your alignment is off badly, you could ruin those new tires within 50 miles. Find a good tire shop to get you tires, and then drive it over directly to the Lexus dealer for an alignment. From what I hear, the alignment should be done at least 1 time a year.

Its also possible that your rim is bent and that they are out of balance. When getting the new tires, make sure they have a high speed balance machine.

On my rims, I got Falken ZIEX- ZE512 235/45Z-R17's. They ride nice but not as quiet as the stock brand. Your tread design and profile are what determines your noise and comfort level.

I posted that from a previous thread, look at tirerack.com. They have some good info even if you dont buy from them.

I would recommend to keep the tire size the same. You might consider going to a 50 series tire if the road noise is bothering you.

Good luck.