2002 Es Wind Noise

Picked up a CPO 2002 ES300 a few months ago. It is by far the finest car I have ever owned, but one small problem continues to nag. I find the amount of wind noise on the driver's side window to be unacceptable for a Lexus. The passenger side is as quiet as I would expect, but the driver's side is quite noisy regardless of speed, direction of travel, wind speed, wind direction, etc. During recent service, the seals were fine; they did "lubricate" (????) the seals and found no other problems.

Any other ES300/330 owners with similar complaints?

Thanx

Curtis O

Picked up a CPO 2002 ES300 a few months ago. It is by far the finest car I have ever owned, but one small problem continues to nag. I find the amount of wind noise on the driver's side window to be unacceptable for a Lexus. The passenger side is as quiet as I would expect, but the driver's side is quite noisy regardless of speed, direction of travel, wind speed, wind direction, etc. During recent service, the seals were fine; they did "lubricate" (????) the seals and found no other problems.

Any other ES300/330 owners with similar complaints?

Thanx

Curtis O

hi I have a 2002 ES300 too but in my opinion, or my car does not make much of wind noise when I'm driving it.

It is as I expected and I believe there isn't much diffrence between driver's seat and passanger seat.

maybe I'm just not sensitive enough or idk... sorry for not being much help...

My wife's 04 is as quiet as a mouse, but I have run across articles in the forums I follow on this problem. If the Techs can't find a problem with the glass seals, try each side, top and bottom of the door seals. I seem to recall that the suggestion was to close the door on a standard 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper, so that when you are seated in the car, you'll be able to pull the paper into the interior. Obviously if you find a location where you can pull the paper into the car with the door closed you have an improperly attached or torn seal that's not doing its job. I've never needed to try this method, but its worth try for what it'll cost you. I also recall a fellow saying that his mirror was the cause of the problem of wind noise. In his case he taped off the various seams in the mirror, where it folds for transport, one at a time, until it showed him which seam was at fault for creating the noise. Sorry, but I can't recall what his fix was when he found it. Maybe he just left it covered with a body coloured tape, which seams a shame with a high end vehicle, but its again worth a try. Good Luck!

My wife's 04 is as quiet as a mouse, but I have run across articles in the forums I follow on this problem. If the Techs can't find a problem with the glass seals, try each side, top and bottom of the door seals. I seem to recall that the suggestion was to close the door on a standard 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper, so that when you are seated in the car, you'll be able to pull the paper into the interior. Obviously if you find a location where you can pull the paper into the car with the door closed you have an improperly attached or torn seal that's not doing its job. I've never needed to try this method, but its worth try for what it'll cost you. I also recall a fellow saying that his mirror was the cause of the problem of wind noise. In his case he taped off the various seams in the mirror, where it folds for transport, one at a time, until it showed him which seam was at fault for creating the noise. Sorry, but I can't recall what his fix was when he found it. Maybe he just left it covered with a body coloured tape, which seams a shame with a high end vehicle, but its again worth a try. Good Luck!

I have seen that same technique used with a dollar bill.

steviej