Abs And Traction Control System

rembo

hi there

all start a few weeks ago when i slip on the water (aquaplaning) splelling????

well the traction control light appear in the dash and stayed light

so i was told that the abs and tration control management was the same

and obviously its not working right

so here is the question

does a management from a toyota camry v6 abs ( assuming that traction control to)

if not how much one from lexus approximatly is???

why would you let someone replace the system when you don't know what is wrong with it? you like giving money away?

Read the ABS code, it will tell you the problem. Fix the problem. Typically it's just something cheap like a wheel speed sensor needing replacing, or has been knocked out of alignment.

• 7 months later...
why would you let someone replace the system when you don't know what is wrong with it? you like giving money away?

Read the ABS code, it will tell you the problem. Fix the problem. Typically it's just something cheap like a wheel speed sensor needing replacing, or has been knocked out of alignment.

I've been quoted 350 by toyota to fix my speed sensor. If i buy the part for 190, can I install it myself?!?

Thanks in advance

I've been quoted 350 by toyota to fix my speed sensor. If i buy the part for 190, can I install it myself?!?

Thanks in advance

I would suggest removing/cleaning/re-adjusting the speed sensor gap first. Metal filings, "fines" covering the sensor tip can be a problem as would poor electrical connections.

The sensor itself rarely fails.

hello, i tried to clean it, but couldnt even remove it! What tool is best to remove it? any tips!

Thanks in advance

I would suggest removing/cleaning/re-adjusting the speed sensor gap first. Metal filings, "fines" covering the sensor tip can be a problem as would poor electrical connections.

Thanks in advance

any tips to remove this wheel sensor

• 6 months later...

How do you read the ABS code? I've tried to search the forum but I can't use 3 letters in my search without getting an error. Thanks in advance.