Simple Modifications For More Hp

jondao08

Hey everyone. I'm new to this and I'd like some feedback for some simple modifications I can do to my car for more HP. I was thinking along the lines of adding an intake and exhaust so far. I'd like an exhaust that isn't too loud but provides decent HP. Can you guys recommend the best intakes and exhausts? Has anyone heard the Apexi N1 with a silencer? Are there any other cheap mods I can do for that extra HP? Why are some intakes so expensive and some so cheap? What can headers do? Any answers to these questions are great. Thanks.

Hey everyone. I'm new to this and I'd like some feedback for some simple modifications I can do to my car for more HP. I was thinking along the lines of adding an intake and exhaust so far. I'd like an exhaust that isn't too loud but provides decent HP. Can you guys recommend the best intakes and exhausts? Has anyone heard the Apexi N1 with a silencer? Are there any other cheap mods I can do for that extra HP? Why are some intakes so expensive and some so cheap? What can headers do? Any answers to these questions are great. Thanks.
I'd like an exhaust that isn't too loud but provides decent HP.

this also depends on how far you want to go with the exhaust. Are you talking about a header, down pipe and full exhaust? Or a cat back system?

Can you guys recommend the best intakes and exhausts?

If I were you, I would go the modifications forum and read up. There are so many exhaust systems, and combinations out there, and depending on what you want exactly, it's hard to say. Also alot will depend on how much performance gains your looking for, and what you think is loud. I have heard some loud systems that produced a lower tone, so you didn't mind it at all. In fact, for as loud as it was, it sounded great. And the guy changed his mind about not wanting loud.

Are there any other cheap mods I can do for that extra HP?

Not really.

Why are some intakes so expensive and some so cheap?

Just like most other things, you get what you pay for. The SRT costs so much because it comes with a piggy back performace ship for the ECU. The rest are just CAI's. You might want to research more though first before buying a CAI for this car. It sacrifices some power off the line for a bit more after 3000 rpm's. Most people end up not liking the CAI on this car.

What can headers do?

I take it you mean what do performance headers do? They generally help with producing torque. The length of the header pipe is tuned to the exhaust valves. This sound wave helps evacuate the exhaust gases from the cylinder while being able to maintain some back pressure. Also, some better materials keep the header cooler while in operation, so you get better longevity of the motor, especially if your running forced induction. There is alot of debate about headers though.