Driver Side Window

isaiahyork

Well, Okay, the driver side window broke. one day when i was rolling it down, it fell forward into the door, by slowly putting the window back up and adjusting it with my hands, i can get it to close. but it's a real pain in the......i've taken off the door panel and tried to get it back on there. but i cant get in there well enough to set it properly. any ideas on what tools i could use to help me fix this issue? also, the passanger side window's motor is sounding kind of weak... any ideas on a reasonable price range on a new one, or if it's possible to fix?

any help is appreciated,

Isaiah

You might try Ebay for the window motor. And if your going to replace the motor, then I would wait to fix the window track till then. You'll have to take it all apart again anyhow. And it will make it easier to fix the track then too.

They, being service techs have a window tack tool. I looks kinda like a slim jim, but for holding the track open and allowing the window to set properly. Once you get the motor out, and the track disconnected from the motor, you can move it up higher and get your hands on it better. When the window "pops" into place, you'll know it, and then you can tighten the track back down on it.