Hid Bulb Replacement

amawji

The GX doesn"t come with HID bulbs.

OOh, We bought our GX from Auction so i didnt know, how would i be able to find out the size? Would it be imprinted on the bulbs?

Yes on the high beam and low beam bulbs, or you can look it up in your owners manual.

• 2 weeks later...
If you buy it from a good supplier, the kit will come with instruction. Expect to spend about 2 to 3 hours on the upgrade if you are good mechanically and electrically.

Ohhh, I have just the H11 Low Beam bulbs and thought I could unplug the old ones and plug in the new ones... sounds like I am more than a little naive... no directions from supplier... thank you for your response.

First of all, did you buy a real HID bulb or one of those blue tinted bulb. The blue on you can just plug right in but a real HID will require wiring in relays, ballast and a ignitor.

First of all, did you buy a real HID bulb or one of those blue tinted bulb. The blue on you can just plug right in but a real HID will require wiring in relays, ballast and a ignitor.

Your question is a good one... I have the blue tinted bulbs... not an HID... was pretty cheap on eBay... guess I can figure it out on access plug/play... thanks for your guidance.

Most of those blue tinted bulbs, especially the cheap ones from ebay, does nothing but throw out a weaker and whiter light. Some tinted bulbs actually put out a bit more light than the factory bulbs, such as silverstar ultra or Hoens, but they all have a very short life compare to the OEM bulbs. Where as a HID bulb will put out 3 times as much light as the OEM bulb while using half of the power and a longer life.

Most of those blue tinted bulbs, especially the cheap ones from ebay, does nothing but throw out a weaker and whiter light. Some tinted bulbs actually put out a bit more light than the factory bulbs, such as silverstar ultra or Hoens, but they all have a very short life compare to the OEM bulbs. Where as a HID bulb will put out 3 times as much light as the OEM bulb while using half of the power and a longer life.

Ok, I'm hearing you loud and clear... do you have an HID system/light/bulb that you prefer/recommend? Thank you.

• 1 month later...