03 Is 300 Efi Relay Ticking

thisdj5454

My EFI Relay starts to click on and off when I take my key out of the ignition. I noticed it about 2 months ago, I restarted the car and turned it off immediately and the clicking stopped. It did not start doing it again until 1 month ago. Now it does it every time. I have to leave my key in the ignition or the relay will start clicking and won't stop and my battery will die. I replaced the relay with a new relay on 2 occasions, it did not help. Can anyone give me some idea what this might be. Could it be the ignition ? PLEASE HELP

Sounds like you may have an ignition sending short. Without the car in front of me there is no way to diagnose the issue. You'll have to trace the electrical to find out where the signal is originating from.But if I had to guess, because you said if you leave the key in it stops, you may have a worn ignition cylinder. the car has a security feature that shuts off the ignition if you try to start it without the correct key. You may have a short in it. If this is your issue I have bad news......dealer part only.