Navigation For Other Countries

Hi!!!

I''ve been waiting to get out of the army to buy a lexus for a long time now and had a quick question...

1. I plan on buying the lexus in california and shipping it back to asia. does anyone know how much it is to change the dvd program loaded into the gps?? also, do i have to pay it again when i bring the car back to the states??

2. Anyone know who the best dealer is in cali and have a reference??? Unfortunatelly, i'v been out of the state for 10 years and lost all contact with people.

3. Anyone know if the warranty is worldwide?? can i take my lexus into a foriegn country dealership have it serviced and have the warranties honored??

Thanks in advance...this is a great board...hope to write more in the future...

Those are some tough questions right there and honestly I'd like to know the answers to some of them. I do believe I know the answer to one of them; in order to get the nav to work in different countries all you need is the disc of that country so it shouldn't be upwards of $200. Good luck with the rest though.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I bought lexus GS430 in states, and shiped to europe, Lithuania. I tried to use europe nav disc but it doesn't work, becouse in my country is PAL system not NTSC. Meybe i need to buy europe nav maps disc from states??

You will need to change the software on the navigation unit for it to work with discs from another country as it will not read an Asia disc as is.

And the warranty only applies for North America, so you will have no warranty coverage for the car in Asia.

If you still want to buy the car in Cali... I would say the best Northern California dealer is Lexus of Stevens Creek. They are awesome (ask for greg). They deal from the start they dropped 3-4k as their first offer. Considering the low supply of the 450h I had to search all over for the one I wanted I called over 13 dealers in NorCal and Stevens Creek was the most accommodating. I would say monterey/seaside and magnussens came in second, also Monterey offered to beat any other offer. But I actually found my car at Lexus Marin, they were pretty good but nothing like stevens creek.

I know know nothing about SoCal but I have heard some good things about Longo Lexus.

• 1 month later...

I have a 01GS3 and is considering ship it back to Taiwan. I know the dealerships in Taiwan are not friendly enough to service the car not to mention about updating the navigation. any one knows if the software can be changed w/o going to the dealership?