Ac Problems

cro_med

I am a new member who has a '91 lexus LS 400. The other day i was driving from out of town and I noticed my ac started blowing hot air. I came home and put my ac gauges on it and I noticed the low pressure was about 100 psi and the high was the same. I checked to see if the compressor was engaged and it was, so i sucked the system back down to recharge it. When I started to recharge, it would take half of one can then the compressor would kick on. The low pressure and high pressure would read 75 psi. What could be goinig on. <_<

I am a new member who has a '91 lexus LS 400. The other day i was driving from out of town and I noticed my ac started blowing hot air. I came home and put my ac gauges on it and I noticed the low pressure was about 100 psi and the high was the same. I checked to see if the compressor was engaged and it was, so i sucked the system back down to recharge it. When I started to recharge, it would take half of one can then the compressor would kick on. The low pressure and high pressure would read 75 psi. What could be goinig on. <_<

"Just a guess, but.....Totally open, WIDE open, expansion/metering valve.

But that just could be due to RAPID use/cooling with such low refrigernat fill.

Compressor is disabled/protected if refrigerant pressure is too low.

You are adding refrigernat via the low side...??