Which Wheels Would You Pick?

Wheels choice  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• 18-in ISP Mode alloy wheels
    • 18-in G-Spider alloy wheels

I am thinking about buying IS250 and figuring out the configurations right now. One of the things I have a hard time deciding is the wheels option. I'm pretty sure I want 18" wheels but I'm not sure if I should upgrade to get G-Spider alloy wheels. It's an $2,450 (MSRP) upgrade. I like G-Spider slightly better but I'm not sure if it worth the price.

What do you think??

I am thinking about buying IS250 and figuring out the configurations right now. One of the things I have a hard time deciding is the wheels option. I'm pretty sure I want 18" wheels but I'm not sure if I should upgrade to get G-Spider alloy wheels. It's an $2,450 (MSRP) upgrade. I like G-Spider slightly better but I'm not sure if it worth the price.

What do you think??

The ISP Mode wheels do nothing for me. I do like the G-Spiders better than the stock wheels, but not $2450 worth. If it were me, I'd take that $2450 and put it towards upgrading the IS250 to an IS350...

What do you think??

The ISP Mode wheels do nothing for me. I do like the G-Spiders better than the stock wheels, but not $2450 worth. If it were me, I'd take that $2450 and put it towards upgrading the IS250 to an IS350...

Ditto!

The ISPs are utterly plain and the G-spiders are probably the most common after market wheels across a large number of cars. Personally, even if both these wheels were a free option, I'd pick the stock wheels over these 2. But since you're willing to spend it, I'd use that money for some extra horses ;)

What do you think??

Agreed. :cheers:

What do you think??

Ditto!

The ISPs are utterly plain and the G-spiders are probably the most common after market wheels across a large number of cars. Personally, even if both these wheels were a free option, I'd pick the stock wheels over these 2. But since you're willing to spend it, I'd use that money for some extra horses ;)

Ohhh... so you'd pick 17" stock wheels? Or is there other 18" stock wheels?

What do you think??

Ditto!

Once again off on a tangent...back to why buy a 250 instead of a 350.... The buyer of a 250AWD is not going to buy a 350. This poster lives in Buffalo and a rear wheel drive car in February is like a pig in the mud.

As for the wheel selection. I have the car with 17" wheel and the car looks much better with 18" wheels. I am not clear on this but the 18" wheels come with summer tires and I am not sure the AWD car will have the same traction with the larger wheel and and all season tire. As for the look of one vs. the other - if $2400 is too much there are hundreds of after market alternative.

What do you think??

Ditto!

Sorry I meant stock 18s.

2006LexusIS350WheelTireCloseup01.jpg

Once again off on a tangent...back to why buy a 250 instead of a 350.... The buyer of a 250AWD is not going to buy a 350. This poster lives in Buffalo and a rear wheel drive car in February is like a pig in the mud.

As for the wheel selection. I have the car with 17" wheel and the car looks much better with 18" wheels. I am not clear on this but the 18" wheels come with summer tires and I am not sure the AWD car will have the same traction with the larger wheel and and all season tire. As for the look of one vs. the other - if $2400 is too much there are hundreds of after market alternative.

For the record, I was not the original poster (I'm the guy that lives in Buffalo, and I did by a 250AWD for the extra handling in snow). The original poster lives in Portland,Oregon (which has a little more favorable climate) and did not mention AWD in his original post. I merely suggested that, rather than spend an extra $2450 for upgraded rims, which IMHO were not much better-looking than the stock rims, perhaps that $$ might be better spent towards an IS350 instead. The poster has every right to spend (or not spend) his money any way he sees fit - he knows what his wants and needs are. By no means did I want to get into another discussion on the virtues of an IS350 vs an IS250 - I think it's been rehashed to death. Sorry...

What do you think??

Ditto!

Sorry I meant stock 18s.

2006LexusIS350WheelTireCloseup01.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. This 18" stock wheel looks good. You are right, spending $2k+ to get slitely better wheels isn't worth it.

If you don't like the stock wheels and would like the Spider wheels, check out this eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-2007-L...129866013QQrdZ1

You could always swap the stocks for the Spiders and then sell off the stocks on eBay. The Spiders would probably wind up costing you a few hundred bucks net.

Thanks for the clarification. This 18" stock wheel looks good. You are right, spending $2k+ to get slitely better wheels isn't worth it.

:cheers:

Btw I will tell you this: The stock wheels look much better in pictures than they do in real life. I was all set to swap out my X-Package wheels for the stock ones until I saw them in person. Then I changed my mind in a hurry! I would definitely suggest that you go walk around the dealership and see them all first hand. They might not have any G-spiders and ISPs, but they will have stock 17s and 18s at the very least for sure.

Check out my thread for reference: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=38552

PS - Whatever you do, don't get the chrome ones, there's no faster way to ghetto fab out your car.

Btw I will tell you this: The stock wheels look much better in pictures than they do in real life. I was all set to swap out my X-Package wheels for the stock ones until I saw them in person. Then I changed my mind in a hurry! I would definitely suggest that you go walk around the dealership and see them all first hand. They might not have any G-spiders and ISPs, but they will have stock 17s and 18s at the very least for sure.

Check out my thread for reference: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=38552

PS - Whatever you do, don't get the chrome ones, there's no faster way to ghetto fab out your car.

Oh?! Looks better in photos than in person?! Yeah, I'd have to see it in person for sure! I saw the other link. So, the last car in the picture (the white car) is your car with 18" stock wheels? So, what did you end up getting? If you got photos, I'd love to see them.

Oh?! Looks better in photos than in person?! Yeah, I'd have to see it in person for sure! I saw the other link. So, the last car in the picture (the white car) is your car with 18" stock wheels? So, what did you end up getting? If you got photos, I'd love to see them.

The white car was just a random picture i found with the stock 18s. I actually ended up keeping my X-Package wheels (which look much better in person than in pictures). Here are a few pics:

post-44238-1184274381_thumb.jpg

post-44238-1184274420_thumb.jpg

post-44238-1184274508_thumb.jpg

The white car was just a random picture i found with the stock 18s. I actually ended up keeping my X-Package wheels (which look much better in person than in pictures). Here are a few pics:

hey i like that wheels.... were can i get those?