'92 Sunroof Problem

Somehow my sunroof is closed on the right side, and open about an inch on the left side. Also it sems like it might be tilted down on the left side. When i push the tilt and slide buttons the motors are working, but the sunroof won't move. Seems like it's jammed. My daughter says she may have pushed botht he slide and tilt button at same time while closing it. We've owned the car since new. Has about 100,000 miles it and runs and looks great. I just want to close the sunroof. Please help.

Somehow my sunroof is closed on the right side, and open about an inch on the left side. Also it sems like it might be tilted down on the left side. When i push the tilt and slide buttons the motors are working, but the sunroof won't move. Seems like it's jammed. My daughter says she may have pushed botht he slide and tilt button at same time while closing it. We've owned the car since new. Has about 100,000 miles it and runs and looks great. I just want to close the sunroof. Please help.

No help? Somewhat of disappointing.

I would not suggest that you start pushing and prodding the sunroof. There are small plastic parts that can be stripped resulting in costly repairs. First off, the only way to effect a repair is to see what is going on mechanically, and to do that the headliner must come out of the car. I've been there with the dual sunroof in my Subaru Outback and its not a lot of fun. I removed the headliner to save the dealer costs of doing so. As it was, it took an hour and a half to remove the rear view mirror, the sunvisors, the overhead lights, the A, B and C pillars on both sides, the overhead assist handles and the door mouldings on all four doors. Then it went out the tailgate opening. How you remove it from a sedan I can only guess would involve reclining the front seats and see if it'll go out the front passenger door. At that point the dealership unbolted the entire sunroof assembly including its attached motor, glass and tracks from the interior roof reinforcements, and removed it entirely from the car to make repairs. In my case it was an entire front track replacement was required .(someone forced it open and stripped off part of the plastic drive assembly from one side of the roof.) Once reinstalled in the car I replaced the headliner and other parts myself. As it was I still parted with about $400, half of which was new parts. You have my sympathy because I know what you're up against. Another solution would be to remove an entire working assembly from a mild wreck in a recycling yard. Pull its headliner and remove it, motor tracks and all. Place it in your car, bolt it up mildly, hook up the four draintubes, hook up the electrics and cycle it several times to ensure its not going to bind and will open and close properly, then tighten its mounting bolts, and reinstall your headliner and all. As I said, its not for the timid. Good Luck!