Auto To 5speed.....possible?

v-opt

Hi. Ive been considering a SC300 for a while now but I've only been able to find them with auto trans. I have never seen one in 5Spd yet. So I was just thinking if It is possible to swap a 1jz or a 2jz with a 5spd trans into one with auto. Or just use the same motor and put a manual trans in it......again if it's possible. Sorry if this has been asked before but I tried to search but didnt come up with anything. Basically it will be used for drifting and autoX. A 240sx is kinda hard to find nowadays since everyone is buying them. So in the end, the inside doesnt have to look nice because I will be gutting it anyway. Thanks in advance. :)

The sc300 is kind of heavy for drifting. Due to the market group that buys sc300's, there aren't many performance aftermarket parts for handling, however I did read that the 4th gen supra has many interchangeable parts.

For stock solo II autocross, your up against the toyota supra n/a. The supra n/a is basically a de-luxuritized 300 pound lighter sc300.

240sx is very tough to find. Even the ones you find have mechanical problems. My older brother has a 91 toyota mr2. Seems like a good car because there's no power steering and it's mid engine. Only problem is that it's n/a and the engine is a little underpowered to power oversteer on 205mm wide tires. He got his for 4800 which is also a rare find.

Thanks for the info....yeah it is kinda heavy (which is why I wanted a 240sx) but it's still possible. Its pretty popular in Japan to use a Soarer which from what I know is basically the same except for the turbos. Although there's only 1 that competes in D1 that I know of. As far as suspension, I've seen some parts for the SC and it's good enough. The main thing is I'll be really stripping it down as far as I can.

As for the swap from the auto to 5Spd, do you know if there will be a lot of fab work if any?