Using The Audio Random Function

Hi,

I've downloaded all my favorite CD tracks to the HDD in the Nav/ML stereo. I would like to play the songs in a random order. However,

there seems to be no way to get a truly random selection. Based on the selected play mode it seems to either

Randomly select tracks in an album until they are all played then go to the next (or random?) album,

Randomly select tracks by an artist until they are all played then go to the next (or random?) artist,

Randomly select tracks in a genre by album ...

It is possible to randomly select between all songs on the HDD? I know you might not want to do that with CDs since that may cause undue delays between songs and wear and tear on the CD changer mechanism. But I see no reason the HDD can't go from song to song willy-nilly.

George

Hi,

I've downloaded all my favorite CD tracks to the HDD in the Nav/ML stereo. I would like to play the songs in a random order. However,

there seems to be no way to get a truly random selection. Based on the selected play mode it seems to either

Randomly select tracks in an album until they are all played then go to the next (or random?) album,

Randomly select tracks by an artist until they are all played then go to the next (or random?) artist,

Randomly select tracks in a genre by album ...

It is possible to randomly select between all songs on the HDD? I know you might not want to do that with CDs since that may cause undue delays between songs and wear and tear on the CD changer mechanism. But I see no reason the HDD can't go from song to song willy-nilly.

George

I have the same problem / issue. I have decided that the HD they have is not as good as the one I have--namely an IPod; plug it in choose party shuffle and and you are off. Or better yet, make your own playlist, and go from there. Seems like they have missed quite a few things on the audio system as well as the nav system. Lots of times, the nav gets you to the correct block, but not the correct address, unlike the LS430 version. Ditto on intersections. You have to enter one fully before the logic allows you to go for the 2nd. and not all the intersections are listed. Since you don't know which ones are and which one aren't, you can't tell telll you suffer frustration. They would have been better to have skipped the intersection function than to pretend they offered it at all. And then there is the previous destination function-worked fine in the LS430, but you have to stop the vehicle to use that function in the LS460. Thye have gone backward here.