Headlamp Washer Problems

fmars

I have a 2004 RX330 and the headlamp washers randomly come on and stay on for a while. I tried pressing the button and nothing seemed to happen, but sometimes when I start the car the headlamp washer will come on and stay on for a good 5 minutes+. Any ideas?

Frank

make sure you have no dirt or anything else under the washer assembly. You can actually lift up the washer with your finger and clean everything under there with a good spray of compressed air.

-- Andrey

I have a 2004 RX330 and the headlamp washers randomly come on and stay on for a while. I tried pressing the button and nothing seemed to happen, but sometimes when I start the car the headlamp washer will come on and stay on for a good 5 minutes+. Any ideas?

Frank

Thank you I will try that. It just keeps running even if there is no washer fluid. Is there any way to shut it off or reset it? Do you have to do anything beside hitting the button to get them to come on? ie: have the headlamps on/off or auto? Its driving me crazy and it keeps emptying my fluid. Any chance it is just running because the button was hit a bunch of times? I hit it numerous times because It wasn't doing anything. If there is fluid in there they clean the headlamps every 20 seconds or so. If it is empty I just hear it trying to clean but the cleaners dont come out of the bumper.

• 2 months later...