Should I Wait?

Hi everyone. Close to signing the deal. about 200 over invoice is what they're quoting me on an IS 250 AWD (i need the awd for the weather..)

my question - I know the new 2008 models will be arriving soon so I was wondering what impact this might have on the prices of current 2007 models. Do you think it is worth waiting a few months longer?

Also, any new changes to the IS 250 model? i know it's relatively new, but has anyone heard anything? is the engine going to be the same 206 hp engine?

thanks again in advance

richard

Also if anyone has had any experience with lexus of silver spring in maryland, I'd be grateful for some advice..

At that price, go ahead and buy it. They plan pretty well and it's unlikely they'll have much in the way of left over models.

Just curious. Does the invoice price include an advertising fee? I saw a recent post from someone negotiating based on invoice, and when they did the paperwork, the dealer invoice was a few hundred over the 'invoice' price you can find on cars.com or edmunds.com. The difference was that the dealers include an advertising fee in their invoice price. I had the same experience. If you haven't, I would get clarification of what exactly the invoice price is for that car so you aren't surprised when you go in to buy it.

I think you've done pretty well to get them to $200 over invoice - even if you're paying a $500 advertising fee on top of that.

The invoice price should only be the stated invoice cost plus transportation fee. Anything else the dealer tries to add in is B/S. Adding in stuff like that and document fees, etc. is like trying to add in the dealer's utility bills, trash collection, etc. His operating costs should already be built into his price.

I don't think anyone is really sure what is coming in '08. I haven't seen anything that states a significant change. That's a great price in the NE/Mid-Atlantic region.

• 2 weeks later...