Trans.

I was searching the forums and cant seem to find the information I need.. My questions is how many quarts of transmission fluid does my transmision ( 1997 ES ) take when it comes to a drain and fill or pan removal? The last few times I have had my car serviced at my mechanics , He had put in a total of 5 quarts each time for a drain and fill.. :whistles:

I was searching the forums and cant seem to find the information I need.. My questions is how many quarts of transmission fluid does my transmision ( 1997 ES ) take when it comes to a drain and fill or pan removal? The last few times I have had my car serviced at my mechanics , He had put in a total of 5 quarts each time for a drain and fill..:whistles:

On my 98, just did a tranny drain (with filter) and fill today (using Amsoil ATF; nothing else), I have never gotten above 4.1 qts and that is with diff drain too.

You might need to double check but I believe your '97 ES 300 has an A541E transmission, same as my '94 ES 300. If so then the following specs would apply as to capacities.

I have a pdf on the A541E but it exceeds the max. single upload size for this site. If you think it might be of use I could email it to you.

I did a total flush and refill of mine with Mobil 1 synthetic and experienced a noticeable improvement in smoother shifting if that's possible. The transmission shifted very smooth before the trans flush however. Do it yourself and you know its done right. I had heard the myth of "flush it and it fails" but this has just not been the case with my '94 with over 200K on it.

If you're interested in doing it yourself let me know and I'll post the procedure. It's really easy and takes a couple of hours the first time you do it but this time frame can be trimmed once you get the hang of it.

Incidentally, DO NOT OVERFILL! I don't believe it has a vent.

RE: Fluid type: Dexron II or equivalent

Capacity:

Total: 6.75 liters (7.1 US qts, 5.9 Imp qts)

Drain and refill:

3.5 liters (3.7 US qts, 3.1 Imp qts)

Hope this helps.

Capacity:

Drain and refill:

Hope this helps.

I assume that is tranny only and no diff here. Add in the diff you are at like 4 qts +/-

Capacity:

Drain and refill:

Hope this helps.

I assume that is tranny only and no diff here. Add in the diff you are at like 4 qts +/-

Page 3 of General Specifications:

(A541E transmission)

Differential Capacity: 0.85 liters (0.9 US qts, 0.7 Imp qts)

Fluid type: ATF Dexron II

• 2 years later...

I hope you don't mind I bring this thread back instead of creating a 1 post new-thread.

I would like to change my dad's car differential fluid. It's a ES300, 1994. Could you tell me the drain and fill bolt are they on the driver side ? the 2 are a few inches from each other, one bolt (hex key) at the bottom, one bolt (mm ?) facing the firewall just like a 4-cyl ? Also, is there a passage between the differential and the tranny fluid ?

(Note: I've changed the differential fluid of my Camry 94, I-4 just recently so I thought I can do it for a V6).

vwpsbd.jpg

2j1akwi.jpg