Automatic Transmission Fluid

:cheers: I have just bought a 2001 GS300 with 45K miles, and I want to flush the tranny -- requires 16 quarts of Type T-IV fluid. My local Toyota dealer sold me a product in bulk called BG 3134 (4 gallons in a single bladder) that he says they use instead of Type T-IV. The dealer technician tells me they use it in Toyotas when they do a transmission flush.

Anyone try this product, and do you know if it will harm the GS transmission?!

:cheers: I have just bought a 2001 GS300 with 45K miles, and I want to flush the tranny -- requires 16 quarts of Type T-IV fluid. My local Toyota dealer sold me a product in bulk called BG 3134 (4 gallons in a single bladder) that he says they use instead of Type T-IV. The dealer technician tells me they use it in Toyotas when they do a transmission flush.

I don't know, but the cost for 4 gallons was less than $55 including tax when 16 quarts of fluid from the Lexus dealer is over $150.00

• 2 months later...
Guest larry_lexus

I also want to change or flush the transmission fluid on my 2001 gs-300 but I do not know how to do it myself. Can you please describe how to flush the transmission fluid on the 2001 gs-300? I appreciate.

• 6 years later...

Yes the latest recommended fluid is now GB brand (full synthetic) transmissiin fluid. Yes, it is expensive. One important thing to remember. Doing a transmission "flush" is NOT recommended after many miles....it will disturb any particles in the botton of the pan and very likely plug up the small valve orifices. This advice is a strong one from those in the transmission repair industry. They KNOW what they are talking about. Drain the tranny, remove the pan, remove any particles on the magnets, clean the pan, replace the filter, replace the pan using new gasket, then refill. No...you won't be able to flush the torque converter. No...there is NO drain available for tbe torque converter any more.....so.....you can't drain it.

larrym3711

2001 Lexus GS 430

Well, One can disconnect the return tranny fluid line from the bottom of the radiator, It is a 3/8" rubber hose, Plug the return hose into the bladder and connect a drain hose from the radiator and turn the car on and let it naturally take in the new fluid and drain the old. This is not a flush, But it will replace all the fluid.