Protective Bra For 2006 Sc430

mmgpsych

I haven't been able to find a protective bra for my 2006 SC 430. Colgan, for example, makes them for only up to the 2005 model. Does anyone know if there is any difference at all between the 2005 and 2006 front ends? Thanks in advance.

Michael

I had exactly the same problem finding a bra for my 08 RX350. Calling the Colgan manufacturer only gets someone who looks it up on the Internet and is generally of little help.

I emailed Colgan and got a reply that the RX330 bra would fit the RX350. Their website must not have been updated in a while. It is now ordered but it takes 3 weeks to put together. That must be why they are "Custom" bras.

There is a box on the Colgan Internet order form for special instructions. I wrote that the order should be canceled if the bra would not fit a RX350. They billed my credit card so it must fit. We will see. The special instruction box can be used as a hedge against their disclaimer that they are not responsible if the bra doesn't fit. :censored:

The final price for a T-style bra with mirror covers was right at $200 including CA tax and shipping.

You will likely get several posts from those liking the clear, paste-on, semi-permanent, plastic pieces to cover the front end. They are not visible from a distance but waxing requires special care to get the wax out of the several seams. Try the Detailing Forum for more information.

Since California doesn't get much rain, I opted for the removable bra for use only on long trips.

BTW, watch out for Rya, she takes offense to the word "bra" and prefers "jock strap" since her car is a "he". Well, maybe not. :lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW, watch out for Rya, she takes offense to the word "bra" and prefers "jock strap" since her car is a "he". Well, maybe not. :lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

UGH!!! I'm getting a headache with the major eye rolling that just occurred! :rolleyes: Shall I call your mother-in-law to make sure she brings up jock straps with you at the next family get together - just to freak you out a bit? :lol:

Ok, I'll go sit in the corner by myself now... :(

In the holy names of Jesus, Mary, and G.I. Joseph, can *anybody* tell me with certainty if there is any significant difference between the front ends of the 2005 and 2006 SC 430s that would preclude using a 2005 *FRONT PROTECTIVE DEVICE* (neither jock nor bra) on a 2006?

And would the two of you stop it and get a room already? :lol:

mmg

• 2 months later...
Colgan's website has 2 different part numbers for the 2005 & the 2006. So the answer is YES, there is a significant difference & you can't use a FPD for an '05 on an '06.

http://www.colgancustom.com/shop_vparts.php#1

FYI Colgan is finally offering a two piece bra for SC 430 2006-7. Just ordered it. More when it comes.

mmg