Fyi Easy Way To Kill Stock Amplfier

I am the owner of yet another sc 300 with a dead stereo. When I got around to taking the cd player/amp assy out of my car I noticed that the hose that was supposed to connect the fuel filler overflow tube to the drain was not connected. A slight overfill of gas would send fuel pouring onto the amp, thus killing it. I would recommend taking a look at this in your car as a precaution. A zip tie around the neck of the drain is WAY cheaper than a new amp.

I thought that hose was a water drain, there's two, and ones from the gas filler, and ones from the sunroof area... At least that's what I thought. Am I mistaken?

schott1984, You are correct, there are 2 drain tubes. Large Tube (sunroof) Small Tube (gas overflow)

thanks for the clarification, the one that was disconnected in my car was the sunroof. guess i didn't look as close as i should have(my bad). still something worth checking out if your stereo still works!

I am the owner of yet another sc 300 with a dead stereo. When I got around to taking the cd player/amp assy out of my car I noticed that the hose that was supposed to connect the fuel filler overflow tube to the drain was not connected. A slight overfill of gas would send fuel pouring onto the amp, thus killing it. I would recommend taking a look at this in your car as a precaution. A zip tie around the neck of the drain is WAY cheaper than a new amp.

If you don't want the factory amp you can purchase a amp bypass harness that you connect to the head unit and bypasses the factory amp. The harness has RCA type plugs output insted of high level output. Connect RCA plugs from the head unit to your new aftermarket amp. than run the speaker wires to the plug on the old amp (so you don't have to run new wires to all the speakers) and you just saved time. Hope this helps. you can call shellbys car sterio in long beach, ca for the bypass harness.

If you don't want the factory amp you can purchase a amp bypass harness that you connect to the head unit and bypasses the factory amp. The harness has RCA type plugs output insted of high level output. Connect RCA plugs from the head unit to your new aftermarket amp. than run the speaker wires to the plug on the old amp (so you don't have to run new wires to all the speakers) and you just saved time. Hope this helps. you can call shellbys car sterio in long beach, ca for the bypass harness.

I bet that information is really hard to come by. thanks maxlmt! :)