Car Unstady In Hi Speed

matros

New to the forum, just bought a month ago my first LS400 97 with 87,000 mi on it, the car runs fine and lloks fine, lately notice some problem when going on hiway over 70, car start shifts to side a litle bit, it not feels stady, like if you get a hi wind, any help on that......

Sorry I didn't read your problem clearly. Your car "shifts" does it mean it pulls to the right or lean to the right?

Thanks FLANKER271 for the reply, I am not sure about Air suspension, I know for sure my car don't have traction control, it was optional on this model and 1st owner who purchase this car in Florida decide not to have it. About shifting, car start slightly move left at right after 70 mi. I have to hold steering very tight to hold car steady...

Hey Matros, I'm not a mechanic, but my '95 LS used to not feel as steady at highway speeds when i first purchased it. Instead of moving up and down when i went over bumps, it felt more as though it would sway/wobble side to side. I took it to a shop to check out the suspension, and they told me that I needed to change the struts and sway bars on the front end. It was expensive but now it rides awesome. Hope this helps. Oh, by the way, if your car has air suspension I believe there will be a rocker switch next to the gear shift. B)

• 1 month later...

Had the same feeling on my 91 when I got it, did the sway bar bushings which only took about an hour and 35$ and it id the trick!!

Still have the suspension checked as well to make sure everything else such as ball joints, control arms/bushings, shocks/struts are ok.