Nav Unlock -

From what it seems, there are only two viable hacks on the 07. Thats either to actually mod the Nav software. Yes, it seems like Lexus locked in Nav Lock with the Dead Reckoning signal (only affects Navi when you loose 2d Lock). The other option is to change the software which is unlikely anyone will do.

Granted, my "concept" that Lexus has used the Dead Reckoning signal (which could be comin from Speed sense) is something I have yet to have tested. But it makes the most sense.

There is no easy sol'n involved here. Is anyone familiar with what (if any) signals the Navi unit takes from the CAN-BUS network? I would think at least Navigation signal goes through this.

PS> I don't think its as easy as splice a few wires and ground/hot and there you go. Maybe for the partial lock-out yes, but not for full control. I think this has been proven already by another member which will allow you to use Phonebook.

I guess once you pay the money, they will tell you"results may vary depending on the model, blah, blah".

They did not offer money back gurantee. Some pople in this forum and other Lexus forums were proposing hacks but never worked with my IS.

I sent the seller an email through ebay. He states that the fix will work on 2007 models. The fix is a hardware fix and not software. You will need to remove the nav unit to apply whatever piece of hardware is included. I guess no one on this board has purchased it yet.

I guess once you pay the money, they will tell you"results may vary depending on the model, blah, blah".

They did not offer money back gurantee. Some pople in this forum and other Lexus forums were proposing hacks but never worked with my IS.

I sent the seller an email through ebay. He states that the fix will work on 2007 models. The fix is a hardware fix and not software. You will need to remove the nav unit to apply whatever piece of hardware is included. I guess no one on this board has purchased it yet.

I'm pretty amazed that no one has tried this yet for this cheap. If I didn't just have 250 miles on my car so far, :cries: I'd buy it in a heartbeat (if nothing else, at least to appease my curiosity). If anyone does end up getting this, please keep us all posted.

I's suggest thinking twice and being real careful about cutting/splicing/changing wires in that system based on some ebay yahoo's instructions. It could up costing much more than the possible benefit. I guess that's why everybody want's someone else to try it first. Just a word for the wise. :closedeyes: