Eclipse Avn-5510 Installation

Installed an AVN-5510 last night - that's the good news.

The bad news...system not real usable just yet. I am working the following issues:

- very loud constant audio buzz: looking into ground loop isolators for power line in, preamp line out and antenna input

- GPS not working: antenna installed temporarily under the dash and is not getting a usable signal(s), VSS wire is not hooked up yet either

- iPod interface: not able to see more than 8 songs in any playlist, not sure what's wrong...

- car battery dead this morning: may be related to all the testing done last night, this is the original seven year old battery and it has been acting up prior to this install

Here are a few images:

post-36644-1182874963_thumb.jpg

post-36644-1182874412_thumb.jpg

I used the Scosche kit with a Metra harness and added the iPod interface:

post-36644-1182875098_thumb.jpg

Here's the old setup with a Garmin iQue, and a partially functional Dension IceLink (and some trash on the floor):

post-36644-1182875310_thumb.jpg

Everything is working great now - highly recommend Eclipse AVN 5510 for OEM look + functionality.

The iPod control interface is really nice too.

Added the following items (from Crutchfield):

- PAC SNI-1 RCA Ground Loop Noise Isolator (x2) - these helped only a little

- American International S15A 15-amp/250-watt Noise Filter - eliminated 90% of the audio buzz

- American International AS100 Noise Filter for Motorola Antenna

- 1 day subscription here for splice locations for Vehicle speed sensor wire, parking brake wire: https://techinfo.toyota.com

The VSS and PB wire taps were a pain, but the parking brake enables many features - I may tap another wire that would allow access to locked out functions while the car is moving (in lieu of the PB wire).

Installed an AVN-5510 last night - that's the good news.

The bad news...system not real usable just yet. I am working the following issues:

- very loud constant audio buzz: looking into ground loop isolators for power line in, preamp line out and antenna input

- GPS not working: antenna installed temporarily under the dash and is not getting a usable signal(s), VSS wire is not hooked up yet either

- iPod interface: not able to see more than 8 songs in any playlist, not sure what's wrong...

- car battery dead this morning: may be related to all the testing done last night, this is the original seven year old battery and it has been acting up prior to this install

Here are a few images:

post-36644-1182874963_thumb.jpg

post-36644-1182874412_thumb.jpg

I used the Scosche kit with a Metra harness and added the iPod interface:

post-36644-1182875098_thumb.jpg

Here's the old setup with a Garmin iQue, and a partially functional Dension IceLink (and some trash on the floor):

post-36644-1182875310_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
The VSS and PB wire taps were a pain, but the parking brake enables many features - I may tap another wire that would allow access to locked out functions while the car is moving (in lieu of the PB wire).

If you just take the PB wire of the Eclipse to ground, then there's no need to defeat any further.

• 1 year later...

If you just take the PB wire of the Eclipse to ground, then there's no need to defeat any further.

Finally got around to routing the parking brake wire to ground - works perfectly now.