Lexus Is 250/350 Facelift Question

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and planning to get a new ride by 2008 summer/fall (yep, '08, not '07) and starting with my homework considering various options. Based on my initial impressions, I am very interested in IS 250 AWD.

I know this might be a bit early, but are you aware of any rumors/confirmed reports for a potential IS facelift (either '08 or '09 model)? I am pretty sure that Acura TSX/TL & Audi A4 are going to have a complete re-design for 2009 models, and there are rumors for a BMW 3-series facelift for 2009 model as well.

Any news on Lexus IS yet? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Cheers,

- M

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and planning to get a new ride by 2008 summer/fall (yep, '08, not '07) and starting with my homework considering various options. Based on my initial impressions, I am very interested in IS 250 AWD.

I know this might be a bit early, but are you aware of any rumors/confirmed reports for a potential IS facelift (either '08 or '09 model)? I am pretty sure that Acura TSX/TL & Audi A4 are going to have a complete re-design for 2009 models, and there are rumors for a BMW 3-series facelift for 2009 model as well.

Any news on Lexus IS yet? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Cheers,

- M

Personally I doubt it since they just got a redesign for '06.

Personally I doubt it since they just got a redesign for '06.

Thanks -- but as far as I know, 2006 BMW 3-series was also a complete re-design and is *almost* certain to get a facelift for the 2009 model. So, I guess I won't be terribly surprised if Lexus follows the same path IMO.

Lexus does it every 5 years.

I beg to differ -- not sure if your statement holds for *all* the Lexus models, but here is the data on the LS model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_LS

- 1st gen LS was introduced in 1989, and there was a facelift in 1993.

- 2nd gen LS was introduced in 1995, and there was a facelift in 1998.

- 3rd gen LS was introduced in 2001, and there was a facelift in 2004.

- 4th gen LS was introduced in 2007, and not sure (if and) when there will be a facelift.

Off course, I did not find any facelift information on the 1st gen IS model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_IS.