Cd Player Woes

TheJ-X

Hey, folks.

Last night, I disconnected my SC43o's battery for a brief period. When I reconnected and started the car, the CD player wouldn't play. It shows all 6 slots as full (w/ only 3 discs actually in the player), and they won't play, eject, or load additional discs. The AM/ FM radio is unaffected, and I can adjust volume, bass, treble, etc.

I also get an ERROR 3 code when I try to play discs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Hey, DC'.

Thanks for the quick response. Part of the problem is that the discs won't eject, and when I try to add discs to the three open slots, I get a SLOTS FULL message.

I purposefully shut the radio (and all other accessories) inside the car of and dis- and recnnected the battery a second time, but it didn't help.

Any other thoughts?

-Joe

• 5 months later...
Hey, DC'.

Thanks for the quick response. Part of the problem is that the discs won't eject, and when I try to add discs to the three open slots, I get a SLOTS FULL message.

I purposefully shut the radio (and all other accessories) inside the car of and dis- and recnnected the battery a second time, but it didn't help.

Any other thoughts?

-Joe

I had the same problem and I "accidentally" fixed it. My issue was that one of the CDs got stuck in the loader. I tried unplugging the battery for half an hour as I had read in another post. I ended up with all 6 disks showing even though I had 3 in there. I had given up. When my battery died, I obviously switched batteries. I ended up taking over half an hour doing the switch because of a hangup. That 2nd "reset" did the trick! :D It's working wonderfully. Try it out and good luck.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I also have an error code 3 problem. I tried the battery reset several times but still get the error code. I believe the one remaining CD is jammed. Does anyone have any advice for hor to remove it?

Hi. I also have an error code 3 problem. I tried the battery reset several times but still get the error code. I believe the one remaining CD is jammed. Does anyone have any advice for hor to remove it?

Good ol' error 3 is back...

Are you guys using CD-R? Unfortunately, the lexus cd player is crap and burned CDs do get stuck in the changer....this causes error3. I had to have my changer replaced because of that...cost me only 500bucks. After argueing with lexus and my dealership I only paid 150.

Anyways, if you use CD-R, get the high quality stuff for audio professionals. Those do not get affected by the heat in the cd player... (have you ever noticed: the stereo gets damn hot...stick your finger into the cassette slot and feel...) Cheap crappy CD-R discs can not stand that kind of heat...

I've been having the same problem (cds jammed together & error 3) for the past 1 1/2 wks, took to dealer yesterday. They advised me whole thing would need to be replaced (their quote for a rebuilt, as they no longer manufacture these according to them, is $615 plus I need to replace driver's side speaker for another $288 :cries: ), and whatever they did, now the cds don't even try to eject and I can no longer even see the cds to attempt to pull out (since it's now "useless" anyway according to them). Unplugged the battery overnight with no success. Will try again just for the heck of it. As I/we all shop for new stereos - would be nice if all of us would share what will and will not work. Thanks for all your input.

• 3 weeks later...
I've been having the same problem (cds jammed together & error 3) for the past 1 1/2 wks, took to dealer yesterday. They advised me whole thing would need to be replaced (their quote for a rebuilt, as they no longer manufacture these according to them, is $615 plus I need to replace driver's side speaker for another $288 :cries: ), and whatever they did, now the cds don't even try to eject and I can no longer even see the cds to attempt to pull out (since it's now "useless" anyway according to them). Unplugged the battery overnight with no success. Will try again just for the heck of it. As I/we all shop for new stereos - would be nice if all of us would share what will and will not work. Thanks for all your input.

hi, how do i unplug the battery?the battery under the hood?

Yes, the battery under the hood. It ended up not working for me either time, and as mine could not be fixed - the cds all jammed together as they were mass-manufactured recordable cds - I pleaded hardship at the dealer and they took a couple hundred off the price, put in a rebuilt - remember, there are no longer any new produced - replaced the blown speaker, and I am SO loving my sound system.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the battery under the hood. It ended up not working for me either time, and as mine could not be fixed - the cds all jammed together as they were mass-manufactured recordable cds - I pleaded hardship at the dealer and they took a couple hundred off the price, put in a rebuilt - remember, there are no longer any new produced - replaced the blown speaker, and I am SO loving my sound system.

Hi-

Just to chime in, last year my cd changer jammed, too. I ended up fixing it myself, though it wasn't by finesse, by any stretch; the culprit was a home-made cdr that had a do-it-yourself label stuck on it. The label got hot inside the changer, allowing it to 'soften'... causing a full jam of all the discs. NOTHING would work with the CD player; I couldn't play, shuffle or eject any of the 6 discs inside. I could just barely see the edge of the top disc through the loading slot, and I used a dull box-cutter blade to <GENTLY> prod the disc... it came out about a millimeter or so and I was able to grab it with some needle-nose plyers and yank it out. Once I turned the car on again (never disconnected the battery) the changer made a bunch of whirring noises, calmed down, and when I hit eject, IT EJECTED !! It's worked fine since, and I no longer put cd's w/home-made labels in it anymore. I DO, however, use cdr's w/out labels all the time and have never had a problem with them.... hope this helps.