Sudden Loss Of Performance

sitnam

I've noticed a sudden loss of performance of my new rx330 recently. I now have to step on the gas pedal to get it to go from 0 to 40 mph, whereas before all I needed was just to touch the gas pedal. The car is also not as smooth as before when it changes gear as it picks up speed. Now I can hear and feel the gear change. The engine speed reading seems ok as it never go above 3000. Any ideas? :( ?

Tried changing fuel brand but it didn't fix the lagging and abrupt shifting problems. I brought the car back to the dealer to check it up and they updated some software (that what they told me) but unfortunately that didn't solve my problem either. The dealer just said there was not much they could do as every parts of the car are controlled by computer chips. Now I am really concerned... my new RX330 just does not feel like a lexus (with a V6 engine) with the acceleration problem that I am having.

I would do two things:

I would check the transmission fluid level and color/quality. Look for either a brownish color or bubbles.

I would also check the air filter, look for a rag or something in the air box that could restrict air passage. If any of the rustproof material made its way into the filter material, that would explain the lack of performance. If it is the case, don't clean the filter, just change it.

Good luck