Ls400 Starter Replacement

XL2007

So here I am, with my 1992 LS400 in need of a new starter. I've already talked to a local mechanic who was willing to do the job for about $850, parts and labor. I've already poured some $1200 into the car since I've bought it, and I'm reluctant to take another $900 hit. This is gonna be one helluvajob for me, since it'll involve moving the intake just to get at the bugger. :cries:

I have the manuals and the tools. All I need is time, and a few things:

1) does anyone happen to know the part numbers for the gaskets that need to be replaced once I get the intake off.

2) can I get at the starter without having to take the intake all the way off? It would be nice to find some safe shortcuts.

3) .........anyone care to tell how to drain the coolant?

4) and if there's anything I should look out for?

That said, I've already had the spark plugs, wires and distributor caps replaced, plus a valve cover gasket that taken care of. The next item on the list is a new timing belt :unsure:

It's a start.

BTW: I managed to find all (or hopefully all) of the gaskets needed:

NA NA NA A8040-110714 OES Intake+Manifold+Gasket 2 14.02 0.00 28.04

1992 Lexus LS+400+Sedan+V8 G2026-66546 ISH Ishino Water+Pipe+O-Ring 2 3.63 0.00 7.26

1992 Lexus LS+400+Sedan+V8 G3045-66548 ISH Ishino Water+Outlet+Gasket 4 6.64 0.00 26.56

Still haven't had a lot of questions answered, but thanks for the diagram. :D