Confused...lexus Web Site...building My Is

I am somewhat confused...I am looking to purchase an IS 350 here soon as was on the Lexus website configuring the options for "my car". When building my car I am presented with a handful of packages to choose from but when I look under options (not in the build section) there are a ton of other options that I don't see presented in the build options (such as the upgraded audio). Am I missing something??

Thanks

I am somewhat confused...I am looking to purchase an IS 350 here soon as was on the Lexus website configuring the options for "my car". When building my car I am presented with a handful of packages to choose from but when I look under options (not in the build section) there are a ton of other options that I don't see presented in the build options (such as the upgraded audio). Am I missing something??

Thanks

Yes, I agree with you. The "Build your own" feature is somewhat confusing. Some options are region specific and depends on the zip code you enter. Anyway, here's a website provided by my credit union, it even gives you Dealer costs.

http://nfcu.com/autocenter/webcarbook.html

Thanks so much for that link - it helped a lot! :)

Which package/option combo have you decided to go for? Just to let you know, I conducted a poll for a factory special order earlier ('07 model) and I came up with 3-4 months waiting period. If you do a special order now, you will have to wait for an '08 model and you're looking at 4 months minimum.

I ordered mine April 14th, so I still have 2 more months to go. Heres' what I ordered:

07 IS350

Obisidian/Black

X-package

NAV/ML Audio

HID headlamps with AFS

Rear spoiler

Dual Sport HKS exhaust with Rear GFX kit

All weather mats

Preferred accessory package

Thanks

Yes, I agree with you. The "Build your own" feature is somewhat confusing. Some options are region specific and depends on the zip code you enter. Anyway, here's a website provided by my credit union, it even gives you Dealer costs.

http://nfcu.com/autocenter/webcarbook.html

Also... check out www.edmunds.com for information. I always go there first whenever I'm looking at buying a car.

As for the "build your own" feature... I agree it is confusing and a pain, but in their defense it is indicative of what is on the lot at your local dealership. (i.e. they don't stock IS's with the Luxury Package in Memphis area)

As for the "build your own" feature... I agree it is confusing and a pain, but in their defense it is indicative of what is on the lot at your local dealership. (i.e. they don't stock IS's with the Luxury Package in Memphis area)

Could never figure that one out. My dealer had 15 IS's on the lot and not one had the Luxury Package. Fortunately he had one (just one) with the LP that was arriving within the week. Wasn't the color I wanted but I still snapped the car up right away (I'm happy with the color now, although it's a bear to keep clean). The Luxury Package actually had just about every option I wanted (except for the nav system, which I got as well). It would seem to be a no-brainer to have at least a few of the IS's with the LP around for those buyers looking for it, unless it's not as popular an option as I would like to think...

Could never figure that one out. My dealer had 15 IS's on the lot and not one had the Luxury Package. Fortunately he had one (just one) with the LP that was arriving within the week. Wasn't the color I wanted but I still snapped the car up right away (I'm happy with the color now, although it's a bear to keep clean). The Luxury Package actually had just about every option I wanted (except for the nav system, which I got as well). It would seem to be a no-brainer to have at least a few of the IS's with the LP around for those buyers looking for it, unless it's not as popular an option as I would like to think...

You nailed it. I had to have the Lux Pkg. There was not a Breakwater Blue one within 500 miles on the lot, or on the way. Nor could they find a Matador Red or a SGM (without black interior). It took four weeks, but they found a Tungsten/Serling one. It looks great.

Apparently, less than 10% of all IS 250s are produced with the Lux Pkg, then, when you factor in the less demanded colors, they are darned near impossible to find.

• 1 month later...

Amen, hopefully for 2008 they'll have a lot more Luxury packages on the lot. I want the Luxury Package, Nav, with ML system and they'll have to end up ordering me the 08 because no one in the country has it with the color options I want...

When I was looking at IS250s in late 2006, I was told by a dealer that the cars come into this country preconfigured for particular regions. I live in So. Cal and I went to the largest dealer in the Western US, Longo Lexus, and they had many ISs and they were in only two configurations with the only difference being NAV or no NAV; everything else was the same. All had automatic transmission and only the colors were different. Heaven forbid if anyone wanted a manual transmission or AWD. The only way to get any of the options is to special order and if you say "special order" to a salesperson, their demeanor changes to not so nice. They want you to take what is in their inventory right now! At one dealer I went to, they had a Breakwater Blue IS250, preconfigured of course, but not exactly what I wanted. The more I said "no" the more the price went down and things were getting thrown in for free. I said to the salesperson that this is a very big purchase for me and why shouldn't I get exactly what I want?

For fun, go to the Lexus website and put in zip codes for different regions and see the different packages that come up. The Luxury package is not available in So. Cal, only Premium package with additional options.

I called Lexus corporate, which is right here in Torrance, CA, and asked them why Lexus lists lots of options and we cannot get them without special ordering a car. They said that the cars are preconfigured from research showing what is popular in particular areas of the country. Yeah, right! ISs with Mark Levinson sound do not come on preconfigured So. Cal cars and you would think this part of the country would love to have a high-end stereo system. Lexus corporate told me that any dealer would be more than happy to special order a car for me. This is another "yeah, right." I called and visited almost every dealer in So. Cal and most wanted to discourage me from special ordering - they'd make me a great deal on what was on their lot! (I heard that so many times I lost count.) They told me that special orders took 6-8 months and I'd have to pay full MSRP and other such crap. They really don't want to do it. If you find a dealer who will special order for you and not give you a bunch of crap, you are very, very lucky!

Glendale Lexus was recommended to me by a friend who special ordered her 2006 IS250AWD. I went there in January 2007, after the dealers' hectic December to Remember which is not a good time to special order since they are trying to unload their inventory and win their year-end prizes. Anyway, when I walked into the Glendale showroom there was a 2006 IS250 in Mystic Gold on the showroom floor. It had the Luxury package and the 17" wheels. Special ordering left my mind and I asked about this car, especially as to where it had been for six months (its build date was 6/06). The salesman told me (and who knows if this is true) that the car had been at Lexus corporate as one of the stable of cars they rotate in and out of the lobby. It's possible. It only had 22 miles on it so it hadn't gone anywhere. This car was not originally for the So. Cal market, with the Luxury package, so I figured it was a special order someone didn't pick up.

To make a long story short, the salesman turned out to be a friend of my boss and he cut me a great deal right then and there. Believe me, I didn't hesitate one second.

I did not go to Glendale Lexus to buy a car that day; I went to inquire about special ordering. Talk about serendipity! It is a great car and I absolutely love it. I get so many compliments on the color, which Lexus discontinued and replaced with an ugly gold color. Let's hope they bring back Mystic Gold in 2008.

When I was looking at IS250s in late 2006, I was told by a dealer that the cars come into this country preconfigured for particular regions. I live in So. Cal and I went to the largest dealer in the Western US, Longo Lexus, and they had many ISs and they were in only two configurations with the only difference being NAV or no NAV; everything else was the same. All had automatic transmission and only the colors were different. Heaven forbid if anyone wanted a manual transmission or AWD. The only way to get any of the options is to special order and if you say "special order" to a salesperson, their demeanor changes to not so nice. They want you to take what is in their inventory right now! At one dealer I went to, they had a Breakwater Blue IS250, preconfigured of course, but not exactly what I wanted. The more I said "no" the more the price went down and things were getting thrown in for free. I said to the salesperson that this is a very big purchase for me and why shouldn't I get exactly what I want?

For fun, go to the Lexus website and put in zip codes for different regions and see the different packages that come up. The Luxury package is not available in So. Cal, only Premium package with additional options.

I called Lexus corporate, which is right here in Torrance, CA, and asked them why Lexus lists lots of options and we cannot get them without special ordering a car. They said that the cars are preconfigured from research showing what is popular in particular areas of the country. Yeah, right! ISs with Mark Levinson sound do not come on preconfigured So. Cal cars and you would think this part of the country would love to have a high-end stereo system. Lexus corporate told me that any dealer would be more than happy to special order a car for me. This is another "yeah, right." I called and visited almost every dealer in So. Cal and most wanted to discourage me from special ordering - they'd make me a great deal on what was on their lot! (I heard that so many times I lost count.) They told me that special orders took 6-8 months and I'd have to pay full MSRP and other such crap. They really don't want to do it. If you find a dealer who will special order for you and not give you a bunch of crap, you are very, very lucky!

Glendale Lexus was recommended to me by a friend who special ordered her 2006 IS250AWD. I went there in January 2007, after the dealers' hectic December to Remember which is not a good time to special order since they are trying to unload their inventory and win their year-end prizes. Anyway, when I walked into the Glendale showroom there was a 2006 IS250 in Mystic Gold on the showroom floor. It had the Luxury package and the 17" wheels. Special ordering left my mind and I asked about this car, especially as to where it had been for six months (its build date was 6/06). The salesman told me (and who knows if this is true) that the car had been at Lexus corporate as one of the stable of cars they rotate in and out of the lobby. It's possible. It only had 22 miles on it so it hadn't gone anywhere. This car was not originally for the So. Cal market, with the Luxury package, so I figured it was a special order someone didn't pick up.

To make a long story short, the salesman turned out to be a friend of my boss and he cut me a great deal right then and there. Believe me, I didn't hesitate one second.

I did not go to Glendale Lexus to buy a car that day; I went to inquire about special ordering. Talk about serendipity! It is a great car and I absolutely love it. I get so many compliments on the color, which Lexus discontinued and replaced with an ugly gold color. Let's hope they bring back Mystic Gold in 2008.

That's funny because I was typing in zip codes for about 30 min at build your lexus on the website and noticed on the east coast New York and such offers the luxury package...

That's funny because I was typing in zip codes for about 30 min at build your lexus on the website and noticed on the east coast New York and such offers the luxury package...

Even though the LD is available in the NE, it's still hard to come by. I spoke to 9 different dealers, including Prestige Lexus in Norther NJ. They had 70 cars on the lot, and another 50 on the way within 2 weeks--only 3 had the LD, and they were not any of the color combos I would take (Breakwater Blue with Cashmere or Sterling; Matador Red with Cashmere or Sterling; Tungsten with Sterling; or SGM with Sterling). When I finally bought, it took 4 weeks for my dealer (Lexus of Chester Springs, PA) to locate a Tungsten/Sterling. Any of the other color combos would have had to have been special ordered.

They only produce less than 10% of AWD with the LD--I can't figure out why, since it's the only way to get memory seats.