New To Lexus

Hello fellow Lexus owners. I recently bought a 92 Lexus SC400, w/ 100k for 6500. The car is immaculate and beautiful, it runs like a champ too. I don't have the car yet, but I do get it this weekend and I am pretty damn excited. Was this a good deal for this car? I thought that it was.

Hello fellow Lexus owners. I recently bought a 92 Lexus SC400, w/ 100k for 6500. The car is immaculate and beautiful, it runs like a champ too. I don't have the car yet, but I do get it this weekend and I am pretty damn excited. Was this a good deal for this car? I thought that it was.

Welcome to the club :cheers: If you feel it was a good deal, Then it was a good deal, Right ? You will enjoy many many years/miles in your "NEW" lexus.

That is an excellent deal... assuming the person you bought it from has given every detail

Purchased my SC300 off ebay w/ 120k miles for $5200 (4th ebay car in our family, smooth transaction). Anyway, the guy has been wholesaling for 5 years so i figured hed tell me EVERYTHING beforehand...

turns out the car is cherry... except for:

Both catalytic converters were gutted - $500

The CD changer was broken (common problem, but it wasnt mentioned) - $200

Power aentenna didnt work - $40

Back tires were almost completely bald (seller CLAIMED there was 65% tread left) - $300

Brake pads are at 0% - $50

Suspension makes popping and scraping noises - $?

I find it extremely hard to believe that he didnt notice any of the above mentioned problems... either way, in the end it all turned out ok - cept for the suspension i dunno what the hell is going on there

ANYWAY, hope your experience turns out to be better than mine lol

Well I didn't purchase it through ebay, but off a private seller from autotrader. I live in Ohio and my dad lives in georgia, so I looked for cars around his area and found it. So he got to drive it and check it out before I purchased it. My dad liked it so much that he is going to sell his 68 Chevelle Malibu and buy a 96 SC400 w/ 80k on it, and in showroom condition, maybe sometime this week. He's pretty knowledgeable about cars and the guy whom I bought it off of only took it to a shop to get work done on it. So we know everything that has been done to it. Overall it seems like a great car. We'll see. I get it on Friday!!!! :cheers:

Well I didn't purchase it through ebay, but off a private seller from autotrader. I live in Ohio and my dad lives in georgia, so I looked for cars around his area and found it. So he got to drive it and check it out before I purchased it. My dad liked it so much that he is going to sell his 68 Chevelle Malibu and buy a 96 SC400 w/ 80k on it, and in showroom condition, maybe sometime this week. He's pretty knowledgeable about cars and the guy whom I bought it off of only took it to a shop to get work done on it. So we know everything that has been done to it. Overall it seems like a great car. We'll see. I get it on Friday!!!! :cheers:

Thats great, from what ive seen in 4 months of browsing ebay and local listings 6500 is a steal, hope it serves you well for years to come