02 Es300 Rear Window Stopped Working

The rear passenger window on my 02 es300 has stopped working. I can still here the "click" when I press the button, but nothing else happens. This car has been babied and only has 42k on it. There was no warning like the window motor was failing.

Any thoughts? Ideas of how I can fix this?

I am hoping maybe a fuse?

Thank you!

I had a similar problem with my 300zx a few years ago, when the passenger window would not come back up. I pulled the driver's door panel to remove the window switch, carefully took the switch apart (tiny springs and contacts in there) and cleaned and assembled the switch, and the problem was solved. This may work for you, or you may have to pull the offending rear door panel to get at the wiring connectors and the window motor, and go from there. It could simply be a corroded connector. If you have the time and patience, you should be able to fix it yourself, even if you need to track down a wrecked car for the parts. Fixing it at the dealership would be my last resort, and would probably be expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

My 02 es300 has the EXACT same problem. The rear driver window wont go down with the switch on the window nor the drivers switch and i hear the click. Did you figure out what the problem is?

I had a similar problem with my 300zx a few years ago, when the passenger window would not come back up. I pulled the driver's door panel to remove the window switch, carefully took the switch apart (tiny springs and contacts in there) and cleaned and assembled the switch, and the problem was solved. This may work for you, or you may have to pull the offending rear door panel to get at the wiring connectors and the window motor, and go from there. It could simply be a corroded connector. If you have the time and patience, you should be able to fix it yourself, even if you need to track down a wrecked car for the parts. Fixing it at the dealership would be my last resort, and would probably be expensive.

My 02 es300 has the EXACT same problem. The rear driver window wont go down with the switch on the window nor the drivers switch and i hear the click. Did you figure out what the problem is?

Me too, same year, right rear passenger window will not go down, I have learned to live with it but it would be nice to fix. I replaced a window motor on my firebird. They are inexpensive to buy but honestly it was a pain in the butt. I had to remove the door panel (interior) drill out the pop rivets holding in the existing window motor, reconnect this scissor type of apparatus that mounted to the glass and the motor and install the new motor. Total cost was like $20, again, for a firebird, who knows how much for a Lexus, the dealer would charge a mint because it took so much time and they charge by the hour. Lastly, one area of concern, how often are these windows really used? I mean, with my firebird (1992) it was used alot and gave me ample warning before failure, the motor would lower the window but the bushings were shot and would not raise it. I doubt the rear window of a Lexus is "over used" and warn out, I would agree it is probably a loose connector or something benign, however, it is still alot of work to get into and diagnose.