Headlights And Radio

Hadyourphil

The long and mostly thorough manual avaliable for download elsewhere in this forum leaves two things out. Or at least, I can't find 'em. One is the automatic headlight sensitivity adjustment. The manual talks about the procedure being in an adjustment section, but that doesn't seem to be included. The other thing is how to remove the radio. Not there. :cries:

I know one of you has done at least one of these things to a first generation RX...

The long and mostly thorough manual avaliable for download elsewhere in this forum leaves two things out. Or at least, I can't find 'em. One is the automatic headlight sensitivity adjustment. The manual talks about the procedure being in an adjustment section, but that doesn't seem to be included. The other thing is how to remove the radio. Not there.:cries:

I know one of you has done at least one of these things to a first generation RX...

The manual posted/stuck is an "OWNERS MANUAL" not a service or repair manual. :cheers:

The long and mostly thorough manual avaliable for download elsewhere in this forum leaves two things out. Or at least, I can't find 'em. One is the automatic headlight sensitivity adjustment. The manual talks about the procedure being in an adjustment section, but that doesn't seem to be included. The other thing is how to remove the radio. Not there.:cries:

The manual posted/stuck is an "OWNERS MANUAL" not a service or repair manual.:cheers:

??

The manual I downloaded elsewhere on this forum is 1910 pages long! It is most definitely a repair manual.

I also have the CD-ROM manual, and for that matter, an owner's manual, and neither discusses how to do either procedure.

The manual posted/stuck is an "OWNERS MANUAL" not a service or repair manual.:cheers:

??

The manual I downloaded elsewhere on this forum is 1910 pages long! It is most definitely a repair manual.

I also have the CD-ROM manual, and for that matter, an owner's manual, and neither discusses how to do either procedure.

Contact http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=744 He should be able to help you out.

I don't think there is an automatic headlight sensitivity adjustment. I do see where the 1999 service manual talks about the procedure being in the adjustments section, but it is not there. I then checked the 2003 repair manual. It tells you how to check the automatic headlight sensor to verify it is working but no longer makes mention of any adjustment.

Page 185 of the 1999 service manual covers radio removal and it isn't much. 2003 service manual just lists the radio as one of the instrument panel components and you have to follow steps for instrument panel removal (not much better).