Kenwood Cd Changer Trouble

hi there,

To begin with this is an awesome forum...I just joined it and this is my first post.

Today i was driving to work and i was playing my CD and everything was fine i had 10 cd s (the CD changer is in the trunk and the CD display unit and controller is on the top left corner of the windshield) in there no problems to the changer and the sound. I have a 1994 lexus GS 300 with 187000 miles on it.

So the car sits in the sun for 6 hrs outside temp was 98 F when i got back in the car and i start the car but the display sensor for the CD changer dosent come on when i press the power button . Radio works fine. It is a kenwood KDC 512FM.i waited for a couple of hours after getting home but the sensor dosent work. i tried to switch it on using the remote with no success. The CD magazine ejects without trouble.

i am a music lover and its pretty depressing when the thing simply went out .please do help me out if possible .

Thanks for your time .

hi there,

To begin with this is an awesome forum...I just joined it and this is my first post.

Today i was driving to work and i was playing my CD and everything was fine i had 10 cd s (the CD changer is in the trunk and the CD display unit and controller is on the top left corner of the windshield) in there no problems to the changer and the sound. I have a 1994 lexus GS 300 with 187000 miles on it.

So the car sits in the sun for 6 hrs outside temp was 98 F when i got back in the car and i start the car but the display sensor for the CD changer dosent come on when i press the power button . Radio works fine. It is a kenwood KDC 512FM.i waited for a couple of hours after getting home but the sensor dosent work. i tried to switch it on using the remote with no success. The CD magazine ejects without trouble.

i am a music lover and its pretty depressing when the thing simply went out .please do help me out if possible .

Thanks for your time .

Contact Kenwood ;)

Welcome to the club :cheers:

hi,

Should i call the toll free number .really to say the truth i was expecting a a solution .but thats ok.

thanks a lot for your input.

bye

Lexus does not use kenwood in production, It is an aftermarket component. Need to know something about lexus ? Then you are in the right place. :cheers:

oh ok i did not know that i just brought the car used so yup i am kinda nervous but its a lexus thats why i brought it in the first place.

thanks though.

Great choice of automobile (lexus) :cheers: If you ever want to put a factory changer in I'm the source for that. ;)