Manufacturers Date

KSLS

Hi to all,

I have a 2001 LS430 (had it 2 months now), and noticed that the door tag shows 05/01 as manufacture date.

Does anyone know how long they make a model year for that year. I would think that mine had to be at the end of the line for 2001 LS430's made and maybe any 2001 kinks got worked out by the time they built this one.

On another note after spending some time on the board, I think I maybe paid too much for this car.

It is a base model, no LV, no NAV etc. (doesn't even have heated front seats that I wish I now had), and with 64k miles I paid 21,000 for it in the KC area. Did I screw up?? :cries:

Thanks!

Hi to all,

I have a 2001 LS430 (had it 2 months now), and noticed that the door tag shows 05/01 as manufacture date.

Does anyone know how long they make a model year for that year. I would think that mine had to be at the end of the line for 2001 LS430's made and maybe any 2001 kinks got worked out by the time they built this one.

On another note after spending some time on the board, I think I maybe paid too much for this car.

It is a base model, no LV, no NAV etc. (doesn't even have heated front seats that I wish I now had), and with 64k miles I paid 21,000 for it in the KC area. Did I screw up?? :cries:

Thanks!

Your car is probably one of the last 2001 LS models manufactured for that model year. Checking with Edmunds.com, with your equipment and mileage, and assuming that your car is in outstanding condition, you got a very fair price. The price they quote is normally over $27K.

I'm pretty sure 7 is the last month.

Anyone remember if the 01 LS' came out in 8 of 2000, or earlier? The 2004 RX330's first production month was Feb of 03... the last for the rx300 was Jan of 03

It all depends.

That sounds like a really good deal considering the low miles. If you really want seat heaters, have an upsolstery shop install some for you. Also, spend $500 on a Garmin nav to use when you are headed somewhere that is unfamiliar--they work great.