New Member - Question About Is250 And Is350

What's up guys I'm new to this forum and I'm looking at purchasing an 07 ISx50 for my wife.

1st question - How many of you use this car on a regular basis to carry infants/toddlers around in a car seat(s)? Is the car roomy enough for this? We don't have kids yet but I promised my wife that our next car would accomodate more passengers as we begin to plan for a family. We currently have an SUV but my other car only holds 1 passenger and car seats cannot be used.

2nd question/comment - I'm trying to keep my wife out of my C6 so I'm wondering if the IS250 has enough power to satisfy her or if I need to be looking at the IS350. What's your opinion?

Thanks!

:cheers:

The back seat in the IS is not that big to be honest with you, maybe for really little kids it will work but its pretty small. I recommend that you go test drive one to get a good feel for the car.

I test drove a IS250 and liked it, i then drove a 350 and had to have that extra bit of power. It really depends what your looking for in the car, if ur looking for a just a family car, 250 will work. 250's are totally fun to drive and handle great! If ur an aggresive hard driver, 350 will be more fun, and you can smoke accords and camrys off the line!

The back seat in the IS is not that big to be honest with you, maybe for really little kids it will work but its pretty small. I recommend that you go test drive one to get a good feel for the car.

I test drove a IS250 and liked it, i then drove a 350 and had to have that extra bit of power. It really depends what your looking for in the car, if ur looking for a just a family car, 250 will work. 250's are totally fun to drive and handle great! If ur an aggresive hard driver, 350 will be more fun, and you can smoke accords and camrys off the line!

Thanks for the response. The only reason I was remotely concerned about power was that I didnt want my wife to have any excuses so she could drive my car :). We will test drive both of them and see which one she likes. I'll also make sure we check out the size of the back seat. I'm hoping she like the 250 since it's a bit cheaper....

Can't really comment on the car seats part since our kids are teenagers and fit fine. We traded in a GS430 on a IS250. No, the power is not there like the 430 (which I understand is about the same as the IS350) however the 250 has plenty of power for wifey (I have a C5 on nitrous for my go-go-go car) and is comfortable to drive. I have the "sport" pkg and it's a little firm for a cruiser car. The 6 speed auto is great. Always on power, so you don't really notice a lack thereof.

Just my .02

Can't really comment on the car seats part since our kids are teenagers and fit fine. We traded in a GS430 on a IS250. No, the power is not there like the 430 (which I understand is about the same as the IS350) however the 250 has plenty of power for wifey (I have a C5 on nitrous for my go-go-go car) and is comfortable to drive. I have the "sport" pkg and it's a little firm for a cruiser car. The 6 speed auto is great. Always on power, so you don't really notice a lack thereof.

Just my .02

My wife took my new IS the other day to run out for an errand and then there was an emergency and she had to pick up her friend's two kids (one toddler, one infant) both in car seats. They fit in well. But I have to tell you - I have two kids and this is not a car for a women who is taking kids around - its too small and to hard to get in and out. We have a Honda Odyessy minivan for that. I know alot of people who don't have kids and say they will never get a minivan - but just wait and see all that crap you need to take with you - it's more then you can possibly imagine - plus the sliding doors make it easy to get in and out. The guy at Lexus said that if Lexus made a minivan they would make a killing. That said I'll stick with my IS... and leave driving my kids in the minivan along with the juice, snacks, crumps and spills....

The guy at Lexus said that if Lexus made a minivan they would make a killing.....

There already is a Lexus "minivan"... just try the Toyota Sienna Limited... If Lexus were to build one I don't know what extra luxury can be added to that van, it has everything, I mean everything (if you load it with options) for just a notch above $40K (and Toyota has incentives on it quite frequently).

Honestly, if you put a Lexus badge on it, no one will believe it is not a Lexus...