Lexus Financial Credit Card

Newlexushybidguy

After leasing my new RX 400H last week, I was very surprised to receive a credit card from Lexus Financial with a large credit line. I never applied for the credit card.

I immediately canceled it, but it really *BLEEP*ed me off that I was issued a credit card I never requested.

Has anyone else heard of this practice?

Is this even legal?

you must have signed some sort of fine print when you bought the car. Like included for the signiture, it must have said "by signing this, you are also getting a credit car" something like that but probably more eloquently.

i actually have one, they preapproved me with a Visa Signiture Lexus card. THere is an unlimited limit and i get 1.5 points spent outside and 5 points per dollar spend at a dealership. THese points can be traded in for money to be spend at the dealership. ie. services and even on my next car.

I've been thinking about getting one too...

Must be part of a promotion. I know when Lexus was doing the Platinum editions you automatically were applied for a Platinum AMEX card fee free for a year.

I'd look into the Visa Signiture ones. You can apply online.

Its no fees unless you want points for airline miles

No credit limit (or something like that)

as i mentioned, 1.5 points/dollar spent outside; 5 points/dollar spent at a dealership

its also a Visa Signiture which means Concierge service, and special discounts at specific restaurants, and special reservations to those restuarants.

you can get up to 10% off your next lexus vehicle. sure that will take a lot of points, but its well worth it. or you can use it for services. This is a great way to take away some of the premium cost

• 2 years later...