Es300 Engine Code P0171 And P0325

lapperlou

HEY GUYS...MY VEHICLE HAS 120,000 MILES AND RUNS GREAT.LOVE THE VEHILCE. I NOTICE ABOUT A WEEK AGO THE I WAS HEARING PINGING WHEN THE VEHICLE SHIFTED OR UNDER CETAIN LOADS. I THOUGHT IT WAS BAD GAS SO RAN THE TANK DOWN AND REFILL AT DIFFERENT GAS STATION AND PUT GAS TREATMENT. AFTER A WEEK NOW AND FILLING IT UP ANOTHER TANK FULL. STILL HEAR PINGING. WHILE DRIVING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON.I HAD IT SCAN AND IT WAS P0171 BANK 1 LEAN. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT THE MAS AIR FLOW SENSOR MIGHT ME DIRTY AND SOMETIMES CAN BE CLEANED WITH BRAKE CLEANER AND LET AIR DRY. SO I DID THAT.CLEAR THE CODE AGAIN AND DROVE VEHICLE ABOUT 10-20 MILES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AGAIN.SCAN IT AGAIN AND IT WAS CODE P0325 KNOCK SENSOR 1 .I HAVE CLEARED THE LIGHT AGAIN JUST TO SEE IF IT WAS A GLITCH. DROVE VEHICLE AGAIN THAN THE LIGHT CAME ON AGAIN WITH THE P0325 KNOCK SENSOR. JUST HAD TIMING BELT DONE.NOT OFF TIMING AND CHANGE FUEL FILTER AS WELL.

DO YOU THINK THAT THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR WAS BAD TO BEGIN WITH , AND AFTER I CLEANED IT, MADE THINGS WORSE BY DOING THAT.

I UNDERSTAND WHEN THE LIGHT IS ON THE CAR HAS LOW POWER AND NOT SHIFTING PROPERLY.I TALK TO OTHER TECHS AND KNOCK SENSOR FAILURES ARE VERY UNLIKELY. EXPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE TO DRIVE THE CAR ABOUT 20 MILES. NOT A HARD CODE.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT....LOU

• 1 month later...

i would replace the mass air flow sensor first, sometimes you can clean them, personally i just replace them so i wouldnt know the success rate on that. The knock sensor harness goes out more often than sensors but it happens. I'd bet that its pinging because of the MAF reading and you wont have that 0325 when youre done. What does it do when you floor it from a standstill?