X-package Specs

Does anyone know the exact differences between the base suspension and the "sport" suspension offered in the Sport package and the X-package? Besides being "firmer", what exactly is different? Different springs? Different shocks? Different anti-roll bar thickness? All three? The sales brochure is quite vague.

I've been waiting for the past 4 weeks to drive an X-package equipped IS350, and I just found out it was sold before it arrived. I'm curious as to just how different the sport suspension is from the base version, which is already quite firm.

Does anyone know the exact differences between the base suspension and the "sport" suspension offered in the Sport package and the X-package? Besides being "firmer", what exactly is different? Different springs? Different shocks? Different anti-roll bar thickness? All three? The sales brochure is quite vague.

I've been waiting for the past 4 weeks to drive an X-package equipped IS350, and I just found out it was sold before it arrived. I'm curious as to just how different the sport suspension is from the base version, which is already quite firm.

X-package/Sports package sport suspension has stiffer front/rear shocks, and suspension springs has same rebound rate, but sits lower.

-10mm lower front only

-5% stiffer shocks

All other parts the same. It will not lower your car that much if that's what you're looking for, but I heard the handling will be noticeably firmer.

Ours came with the package. At first I thought "cool".. but coming from a GS430, the IS rides like a rock. My truck rides nicer. I guess if I was going to track my IS, it would be good... but for daily driving... it's quite stiff. I'm probably going to swap it out.

Ours came with the package. At first I thought "cool".. but coming from a GS430, the IS rides like a rock. My truck rides nicer. I guess if I was going to track my IS, it would be good... but for daily driving... it's quite stiff. I'm probably going to swap it out.

Good to know. I am currently used to driving a 93 Probe GT, which pretty much rides like a brick. So, anything will be an upgrade for me. The base IS350 is already surprisingly firm. I wish they had one for me to drive.