Need Alignment Shop In South Florida

mannye

If you look at my "Arrgh" post, you will note that my dealer has let me down on the alignment of my 04 LS. That's not a warranty item, however, so paying astronimical dealer hourly fees which are multiplied by the incompetence or laziness (idon't care what the cause is) is not something I will accept.

I don't mind paying for quality work, but I can't stomach being bilked by sub-standard shops. So if anyone can recommend a place that takes the time to do the job right in (alignment) and is familiar with Lexus, I would really appreciate it (perhaps with a bottle of scotch?).

Also, if you live ANYWHERE in Florida and have a good dealer or shop to recommend, please let me know. I have often found it neccesary to leave this area to get good work done on my cars. God knows I won't let anyone but Harbor Auto touch my cars for body work and they are a couple of hundred miles away. (that's how far I had to go to get show quality body and paint work done on my Roadrunner)

try www.gsp9700.com, "locate a shop" near you that has that straight trak equipment. I had mine done about a year ago on the other side of town with that equipment, and it was dead-on-center-perfect. Best I've ever had. The dealership doesn't have the straight-trak system, and when the car was in the shop for a minor repair, they realigned it to their specifications, and ruined it.

try www.gsp9700.com, "locate a shop" near you that has that straight trak equipment. I had mine done about a year ago on the other side of town with that equipment, and it was dead-on-center-perfect. Best I've ever had. The dealership doesn't have the straight-trak system, and when the car was in the shop for a minor repair, they realigned it to their specifications, and ruined it.

Gotta agree with NC211 on this one. Many people have used the Hunter system after failed attempts with other systems on their LS's with great success. Most companies will also offer a 3 year or up to lifetime warranty for a couple bucks more. Make sure you get the 4 wheel alignment and printed report after completion. And don't forget balance is just as important as alignment.

Haven't used them personally, but their on the Beach and have the Hunter system:

MARTINO TIRE CO

1850 ALTON RD

MIAMI BEACH, FL 33139

Phone: 305-532-4807

Good luck and let us know how your issues turn out. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been going to Kurt's European Automotive for 7 years now... He has handled both my wife and I's RX 300's. He is honest and he is given my cars the maintenance at a fraction of the cost of dealers. If you dont mind traveling to Delray Beach, call Kurt at 561-274-4887 and you will be in good hands. Tell him David "the phone guy" referred you....

Take Care