Engine Or Coolant Temperature

Thi

The engine temperature is usually points at the middle of the gauge or slightly lower. After driving on highway and pull into smaller road on a hot day, the needle points pass the middle a little. Is it normal?

I'm still chasing the intermittent AC cut out problem with my LX 450. I moved the fog lights out of the way of the front grill. That seems to reduce the cut out situation, but it's still there.

Thanks for any insight.

Thi

Is it the original radiator? how many miles? you may get away with radiator flush if there is a blockage. Does the fan function correctly? Dual thormostats, are they opening and closing correctly?

Regards

David

I bought the car used; so I don't know if it's the original radiator. Recently, we did a reverse flush and replaced the thermostat. The fan is running constantlly since it's driven by pulley. There's a fan clutch, but I have not check it yet (don't know how yet). I believe that it's a single thermostats system.

Thi

Is the coolant level changing? the LX450's are prone to head gasket failure and it can take some time before it fails completly. The radiator core could be partially blocked even though you have reverse flushed it. How many miles? does the radiator look new?

The fan clutch could also be the culrpit, does the tempreture creep up in traffic while idling for extended periods?

Regards

David

As far as I know, the level does not change. Currently, the car has 71K mile on it. The radiator looks fairly new and has no visible blocking of its fins. The temperature does not creep up when idling in traffic. It seems to climb a little after some hard acceleration or on off ramp from highway.

Just got me a ODBII+datalogger. I noticed that the coolant temperature went as high as 220 degrees F on a 95+ degrees day. The thermostat is rated at 180 degrees.

Thi