Shocks / Struts / Springs ?! Help !

1994 ES 300, 170K Miles, third owner ... quite well maintained.

It still gives a great smooth ride and am very happy with this car. However, recently I've noticed that when I ride over sharp bumps like the speed breakers in my workplace garage - I can feel it inside. I've religiously gone through most of the postings here and did my homework on the web. When I asked around - it looks like it's time to change "Struts". Don't want to take it to the dealer and the mobile workshop which comes to my company on every Tuesday said they could replaces the Struts [KYB] for $189/pair which sounded reasonable.

I'm kinda newbee to this whole thing and not really knowledgeable about what a Strut means. Does it include the Shocks/Springs ?

I found that the front pair [part #334131 / 32] and rear pair [part #334133 / 34] KYB GR2 sealed struts with shocks costs less than $200/pair online.

Do I need to change the Springs / Mounts / Coilover [what are they exactly?] along with the Strut/Shocks ?

I'd be greatful for any info / pointers!!

Thanks!!

Struts are like shock absorbers, a little more complex but basically the same idea. It's recommended that the strut mounts/bearing are replaced when the struts are replaced (convinience/insurance). So yeah, a strut is just a different type of shock absorber...get it?

Struts are like shock absorbers, a little more complex but basically the same idea. It's recommended that the strut mounts/bearing are replaced when the struts are replaced (convinience/insurance). So yeah, a strut is just a different type of shock absorber...get it?

Hmm....thanks.

So...changing Springs are not required?

Bearings?? You're not talking about wheel bearings right?