94 Es300 Rev Limiter And Cooling Fan Problems

Ok first when you start the car, the cooling fan comes on and stays on, even when engine is cold and A/c is off.

When I start the car in the morning the engine will rev up to 6k before the rev limiter kicks in. As the engine warms up the rev limiter slowly starts to kick in sooner all the way down to 4k when the engine is completely warmed up.

I am thinking these two problems are linked somehow. I have no codes, checked all temperature sensors, had ecm rebuilt, and is still the same. Is there some kind of Fail-safe mode with the engine?

Which fan the one inside the engine bay run by the power steering pump or the one in front of the rad for the a/c??

If you idle that high i would say you have a vacuum leak with major carbon.

Which fan the one inside the engine bay run by the power steering pump or the one in front of the rad for the a/c??

If you idle that high i would say you have a vacuum leak with major carbon.

The fan driven by the power steering pump, and it idles correctly. I first noticed the problem when driving on the highway and I went to pass someone and I got up to 4k rpm the rev limiter kicked in. I then tried to diagnose it and noticed it kicked in at lower rpms the warmer the engine got.

• 1 year later...

I know this post is a little old, but I'm wandering if anyone ever found a solution to this issue, as I have the same problem. I have a 94 ES300 that just started doing the same thing. The only thing I've done recently is change out the thermostat. I also added green coolant to the red coolant that was in there, but it was the prestone stuff that says it can be added to any color coolant.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?