Disassembling The Dash?

Boots

So here's my problem. I have an '01 IS and one of my dash lights is out. Well on top of that, I think I have a loose connection somewhere behind the dash in the vicinity of the speedo. Long story short, sometimes none of my gauge/dash lights come on with the headlights, and when this happens, my tail lights don't function either. The brake lights work fine. It was intermittent but has decided to stick around constantly the past 5 days. The fact that it came and went, along with a bump in the road now and then leads me to think it's a loose connection or a bad ground. So any way, does anyone have experience with taking apart the dash and accessing the area behind the gauges? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

• 4 months later...
So here's my problem. I have an '01 IS and one of my dash lights is out. Well on top of that, I think I have a loose connection somewhere behind the dash in the vicinity of the speedo. Long story short, sometimes none of my gauge/dash lights come on with the headlights, and when this happens, my tail lights don't function either. The brake lights work fine. It was intermittent but has decided to stick around constantly the past 5 days. The fact that it came and went, along with a bump in the road now and then leads me to think it's a loose connection or a bad ground. So any way, does anyone have experience with taking apart the dash and accessing the area behind the gauges? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

......Im currently having this same problem, did u figure out wut was happening?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the links I supplied earlier in this post are no longer valid. Check your fuses first, located by the drivers left foot. Consult your owners manual for fuse location. If that doesn't help, then the plug behind the dimmer knob is probably loose. It completes the circuit, so if it is loose, you will not have dash lights at all.