Direction Signal Sound Gs430

My 03 LS has a very quiet clicking noise when the blinkers are turned on. I recently drove an 04 LS where the clicking was consistent with every other car I've driven, i.e. clearly audible. I can still hear when I turn the blinkers on, however it's muted, which is nice in this type of car. I was wondering if this is a feature that only certain year models have. I was disappointed when the 04 didn't have it as well...

The sound made by the turn signals on my 2000 LS400 is also inaudible to me. It was an adjustment getting used to looking at the cluster to made certain that the turn signal had cancelled after a turn but now I have grown to like the silence. The self cancelling feature is very reliable and the signal almost never stays on after a turn.

It is possible to buy louder turn signal flasher units like the one on the following website, but I recommend consulting a dealer or a reliable repair shop that knows Lexus before you try anything like it: http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores...catalogId=10101

I'll bet you will get used to the silent signals after a few months like I did.

My 03 LS has a very quiet clicking noise when the blinkers are turned on. I recently drove an 04 LS where the clicking was consistent with every other car I've driven, i.e. clearly audible. I can still hear when I turn the blinkers on, however it's muted, which is nice in this type of car. I was wondering if this is a feature that only certain year models have. I was disappointed when the 04 didn't have it as well...

[/q

thanks

The sound made by the turn signals on my 2000 LS400 is also inaudible to me. It was an adjustment getting used to looking at the cluster to made certain that the turn signal had cancelled after a turn but now I have grown to like the silence. The self cancelling feature is very reliable and the signal almost never stays on after a turn.

It is possible to buy louder turn signal flasher units like the one on the following website, but I recommend consulting a dealer or a reliable repair shop that knows Lexus before you try anything like it: http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores...catalogId=10101

I'll bet you will get used to the silent signals after a few months like I did.

thanks