Fan Clutch Removal

chilkoot

I've removed the four nuts holding the fan clutch on, but it's still not wanting to come off. Is there some special trick to remove it, did I miss a bolt or two somewhere or do I just need to go at it with a pry bar?

I figured i'd ask before I did something stupid and screwed myself, thanks for the help!

I've removed the four nuts holding the fan clutch on, but it's still not wanting to come off. Is there some special trick to remove it, did I miss a bolt or two somewhere or do I just need to go at it with a pry bar?

I figured i'd ask before I did something stupid and screwed myself, thanks for the help!

use a light hammer .. like light knock --to lose it becus its never been open so it stuck by the way just opening 4 nuts from fan not gonna open the clutch you have to open i think 3 bolt by the puly side to get it out ...... good luck

use a light hammer .. like light knock --to lose it becus its never been open so it stuck by the way just opening 4 nuts from fan not gonna open the clutch you have to open i think 3 bolt by the puly side to get it out ...... good luck

Sheab a few days ago you were ranting about how awful Lexus are, and now you give advice on fixing them? You have me confused.

To chilkoot:

The fan clutch is spigoted onto the pump and the fit is quite accurate to maintain concentricity, so a gentle wiggling should allow the hub to move forward off the stub shaft it is spigoted onto. Perhaps a bit of gentle prying if that doesn't do it. When you assemble use some thin grease and perhaps and clean it with fine emery to ensure it will come off easily next time.

yes i did ......................... just becus .... i got problem with mine .. and got rid of it ..doesnt mean i cant see other be happy with it ... anyways ... its always good to help other not to face .. the same problem u/me or anyone faced thats why we all r here .. and by the way my dad lexus . still alive ..

I got it off, gently prying with a crowbar as I rotated the assembly worked like a charm, though I'm amazed it didn't mess up the threads on those bolts as tightly as it fit around them.

thanks SRK. now to find crank TDC and wait for that chain wrench to arrive :mellow:.