1993 Ls Electrical Problem And Question

roverguy

Hello I just bought a 1993 LS 400 , :rolleyes:

The check engine light keeps coming on :censored: and I had to have the codes pulled and I was told by the dealer something was not connected or nor wired correctly . So I had to start looking for what it may be. In under the dash, above the brake pebble, I found several wires that looks like they have been cut. I could not find a repair manual for Lexus so I was hopeing to find someone that may be able to take a picture or two, to show me what these wires connect to. I have tried to find it my self but I have not had any luck. I have attached several pictures to try and show the location of the wires.

P.S the dealer did fix one of the wiring problems, that caused the headlights to keep the trans from changing out. It was something to do with the trunk relese. I know I have read about others that had that problem, so maybe you will have an ideal of where to start when fixing...

Please help if you can. Thanks Randall

post-38912-1177116431_thumb.jpg

post-38912-1177116442_thumb.jpg

post-38912-1177116456_thumb.jpg

post-38912-1177116471_thumb.jpg

I would take some of the plastic cover panels off down there to get a better view of the wires and start to follow the wires. You should find the other ends of the wires somewhere closeby. It looks like this may have been due to a alarm install...

Check out TIS info to find all the docs and color wiring diagrams for your car: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/repairmanual.html

Also it would help to say what codes you have, then you could pinpoint what system wires are bad. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

• 1 month later...