Ls460 Vs Azera

denslexusgx470

ah, this is crazy. Im only saying that i like the camry better, is that a crime? im also saying that the interior of the azera "looks" cheap and outdated. Is that a crime?

sure i might not be the most open person to the korean automaker, but based on looks and styling, i dont like the azera. And no amount of options nor cheap cost can turn that around.

like i said before, the Azera is a nice dress on an ugly girl. your particular comment "Well, your past posts have shown you to be obsessed with brand so that doesn't surprise me. " doesnt really relate to this topic. Why am i arguing for the camry if im brand obsessed. toyota isnt exactly very prestigious.

i was taught that there is a reason why things are more expensive. While this may seem like a spoiled/brand obsessed thought, its kinda true. Not a lot of good things comes in a cheaper price. Name brands would be out of business otherwise. there would be no point. <-- watch this is going to be quoted soon

but sure, lets say i do look past the prestige thing, because i can, i own a sienna. I still cant stand the trunk lid nor the layout of the dash. No design to it, its just a sqaure outline with buttons.

p.s. i would get the GS350 in the mid sedan category. ;) and in the SUV segment, i would get the GL450. those look very manly lmao.

here is my list of possible cars in the future:

toyota camry hybrid

ES350

LS460

GL450

the basis of those lists arent entirely "what makes the best purchase"; some of it is prestige and class, and some of it is just practicality.

I really only need 3 cars, one for formal occasions, hence the LS460; a beater that is fuel efficient for everyday groceries, and an SUV for lugging the family. just thought id segway into that. lol dont know why tho

What irritates me is the fact that you're completely closed to the idea that if you go and drive the Azera and then drive a Camry you might just like the Azera better. You can say you prefer the styling sure, but you've never driven either car so any opinion you might offer on the merits of one vs the other is meaningless. Just go drive them.

Toyota certainly is a prestigious brand, just prestigious in a different way than a Lexus or Mercedes. There is a cache that comes with the name Toyota, a reputation for quality and reliability, etc. You paid more for a Toyota than a Ford or Honda or Hyundai. People know that. You keep saying "Its a HYUNDAI" this and that and you've shown time and time again the reason you don't like these cars is because of the badge on the hood. If it were a Honda I bet you'd like it.

If you were taught there is a reason why things are more expensive you were taught wrong. Sometimes thats true, but a lot of times the reason things are more expensive is simply because the manufacturer can get away with selling it for a higher price. Its about brand image and cache. The most expensive thing is typically not the best I've found. Lexus is a great example of this, their entire sales strategy centers around being CHEAPER than cars from Mercedes and BMW while being more reliable and better built. I don't consider a Mercedes a better car than a Lexus, and the Lexus is much cheaper.

Again, you say you'd buy the GS350, have you driven a GS350 and its competition? No.

The way I see it,

As long as Hyundai brand releases very cheap cars such as Accent, they are not going to be huge in luxury segment.

We all know how important brands are in the minds of today's consumer. It's enough to say you own a BMW, Lexus or a MB without naming the model for people to understand your status. If you say you drive a Hyundai, as far as everybody is concerned, it could just as well be an Accent. The brand, in my opinion, just might not be recognized as a 'status' brand. If they come up with a luxury brand, it will be a whole different story.

Like the VW Phaeton. An excellent car, to my liking, much like the Audi A8, but.....it's a Volkswagen. Last time I heard Phaetons didn't sell too well.

fine, i fold like a house of cards.

lets just say that i do sit in the Azera. And lets just say i did love the way it drove and the fit and finish. And lets just say it was lexus like. I still dont like the dash. and that by itself would make me not want to buy it.

Frankie- I absolutely agree, they will HAVE to come out with a premium brand in order to compete in the US since US consumers are so brand concious. The Phaeton is a great example, it was a teriffic car for the money but people who spent $70k on a car just didn't want to share a badge or have it serviced alongside a Jetta.

Rx, but you haven't seen the dash in person yet. In person, its very nice and very Lexus-like. You're saying however you would purchase a car for $14,000 more simply because you liked its dash layout a little bit better? Man, I wish I had that much money to throw around...

throw around money? you make it sound like im buying a maybach over a hyundai.

fine, next car show in september, i will see it in person. i cant go to a dealership cause i always feel back if i dont buy anything. haha wouldnt want to walk out with the car...not after all these comments

You never really know until you try it. I have to admit, I like the performance of the Volvo S40 T5 (turbo) because i've driven my friend's volvo several times. It's really quick, nimble, and handy to drive around. The bad side though of it is that it's so small.

The Azera may not look too nice in design, but if you think the quality and performance is worth the $14,000 as SW mentioned, then it's worth $14,000. Hyundai didn't put a price tag of $30,000 like a nicely equipped Camry because they know that their vehicles quality, design, and performance is only at about that level. ;)