300 Vs 330

Besides the displacement, it depends on what year 300. I think, but I'm not sure, that '00 was the first year to have have an entirely different engine. The new engine had VVTi (variable valve timing w/ intelligence). Also, there is a significant change in the body of the car. Umm, I also think that the 330 is a little more plush and luxurious than the 300's in my opinion. I've never really been inside a 330, so I can't tell you much.

VVT-i was introduced on the 99 ES300

The generation changed with the 02 Model (4th Gen)

In 04, the 4th gen got the new engine, the 3.3L one, hence the name change to ES330. The interior remained essentially the same, I think they made a few more options available.

Is the size of the car the same? I knew someone who went from the 300 to the 330 and he said it was larger?

What year is the first year of the 330?

the ES330 came out in 2004. It is the same exact car except with a 3.3L V6 instead of the 3.0L.

There are a couple small differences between an 03 300 and an 04 330 besides the engine, the 04 has a new gen navigation system and does not have a tape player when equipped with navigation as the 03 did. The 04 with nav also does not have the nav system mounted in the trunk impeding trunk room, the system is totally built into the nav system. They also redesigned the base of the front passenger seats slightly to address some comfort issues with long legged drivers (the seat base is longer and squarer). They also redesigned the readout for the status of the passenger airbag.

I personally prefer the nav system in the 02-03 to the one in the 04-06, I have that system in our Prius and prefer mine.

In 05 the car got its mid model refresh. New taillights, headlights, grille, bumper, audio controls integrated into the steering wheel, some interior trim changes, different wood depending on the interior color, new wheels. I would get an 05+ if you can.

I am surprised that pre-05 there are no audio controls in the steering wheel. Seems like such a standard featured for this type of car.

Not sure if this should be it's own topic or not but since you brought it up... The navigation systems... Are they all upgradable and supportable? Or if I ger an 02-03 with nav I am basically screwed when it comes to updates?

I like the idea of the built in nav and I think the radio controls and everything built into the screen is really cool but.. should I stay away fromt the nav?

Not sure if this should be it's own topic or not but since you brought it up... The navigation systems... Are they all upgradable and supportable? Or if I ger an 02-03 with nav I am basically screwed when it comes to updates?

Updated DVD discs are available about every October with all the lastest Map and Points of Interest information. They cost around $300 and can be purchased from your local Lexus Dealers or online.