Adding Back-up Camera & Nav

Grumpa72

Ok, I know that I have seen this posted and read the one thread on it. My wife just drove in our son's car with add-on Garmin Nav system and now she wants one. Do any of you have photos of your aftermarket add on for either the back-up camera or the Nav System? I am very competent with tools and have no issues with this as a DIY job. I just want to see what the finished product looks like. Secondly, for those with either add on, did it invalidate your warranty? Love to see photos of during and after installation.

Gary

'05 330

ps, posted on Club Lexus forum too

• 1 month later...
Ok, I know that I have seen this posted and read the one thread on it. My wife just drove in our son's car with add-on Garmin Nav system and now she wants one. Do any of you have photos of your aftermarket add on for either the back-up camera or the Nav System? I am very competent with tools and have no issues with this as a DIY job. I just want to see what the finished product looks like. Secondly, for those with either add on, did it invalidate your warranty? Love to see photos of during and after installation.

Gary

'05 330

I've added an aftermarket system to my Lexus RX330 (see attached file). I chose the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 almost a year ago... and it looks great. Got the installation done at Circuty City. I didn't get a rearview camera at the time of installation but have been looking as of late to add that feature as well. The front runners are the the Pioneer ND-BC2 and the Eclipse BEC106. I'm going to do a little bit more research and then check with Best Buy and or Circuit City to learn the pro's and con's of both camera's.

post-26322-1177884514_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Gary

'05 330

I've added an aftermarket system to my Lexus RX330 (see attached file). I chose the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 almost a year ago... and it looks great. Got the installation done at Circuty City. I didn't get a rearview camera at the time of installation but have been looking as of late to add that feature as well. The front runners are the the Pioneer ND-BC2 and the Eclipse BEC106. I'm going to do a little bit more research and then check with Best Buy and or Circuit City to learn the pro's and con's of both camera's.

Hi, after you install the after market Nav does the controler at the steering wheel works? thanks

• 1 year later...

Gary

'05 330

Hi all,

I just bought an RX330 and want to add in the NAV. May I ask where did you buy the bottom dash? I have asked bestbuy and they said they cannot install it since there is no dash for this version of RX. If you can kindly tell me where to buy this piece of unit, I would really appreicated.

TIA

Hi all,

I just bought an RX330 and want to add in the NAV. May I ask where did you buy the bottom dash? I have asked bestbuy and they said they cannot install it since there is no dash for this version of RX. If you can kindly tell me where to buy this piece of unit, I would really appreicated.

TIA

Beat Sonic gets mentioned frequently on Club Lexus

http://shop.beatsonicusa.com/product.sc?ca...amp;productId=5

• 1 year later...