Anyone Tow Boats/jetskis With Their 400h?

Just wondering if anyone has experience towing and launching with a 400h. In particular, I'd like to know if anyone has had a problem with electrical/battery issues if the underside of the car gets submerged at the boat launch, which happens more and more now that lake and river levels are dropping.

Also, the clearance looks to be rather tight under the car, so has anyone had a problem with damage to the muffler, batteries, etc. from rocks/dirt/mud/water?

I'm not looking for information on water through the vents to the batteries under the rear seats, as that has been covered by other forums.

Thanks, Ted

Ted, I have no experience towing with my RX but do plan on adding a hitch to pull a light aluminum flatbed trailer. But somehow I've always assumed that serious off-road vehicles were designed to be capable of fairly deep water--sealed bearings, high exhaust systems, etc. I somehow doubt that the RX is so designed. But you know what they say about assuming? :chairshot:

Tom

• 2 weeks later...