Should I Change My Timing Belt?

I have a 99 GS300 with approximately 135K miles. There's a odd color on my serpentine belt. Before, there is a half orange "rust" look and I believe it would be the idle pulley. If I am changing the Serp belt, I'm thinking about changing the Timing Belt as well. Which means a new Crank Pulley, Serp Belt, idle pulley, Timing Belt idle pulley, Timing Belt and water pump.

I like to get HKS Timing Belt and HKS adj cam gears. Any suggestions? Would the HKS Timing Belt be better or OEM Timing Belt?

Why are you going to replace the crankshaft pulley?

Well, the reason I think I should change the crankshaft pulley is for the look of the engine. I know

it's a stupid idea but since I planned on changing the timing belt and accessory belt, might as well

change all the pulleys if it's not too much expensive. Does anybody know how much they run? I'm

looking at the Crankshaft Pulley, AC pulley, PowerSteering Pulley, and idle pulley.

• 2 weeks later...

OEM belts should work fine. If you are replacing the any pulleys for gains I can appreciate that otherwise, you can repaint them (just make sure the crankshaft pulley has it's mark for TDC)

I would recommend replacing the both idler pulleys, timing belt, thermostat, water pump, tensioner, and the accessory belt.

Also, you will need 3 o-rings (for the water pump, the thermostat, and one large one for the inlet pipe (I believe)), the water pump gasket, and FIPG for the thermostat housing to water pump.