Newbie New Proud Owner Of A 1992 Sc400

i purchased a 1992 sc400 from one of my friend's grandfather. he was the original owner. the car is in excellent condition. the only downfall i have had so far is that it has set up for three years in his garage. i have been driving the car for about four weeks now. the car has had a couple of problems with it. the normal such as the driver side window and speakers needed to be replaced. i have really enjoyed driving the car. i am hooked. from setting up for so long the transmission started acting funny. now i would like to say that this forum has helped me out a lot with trouble shooting my sc. i would like to say thanks for those who have taken the time to respond to email with their experiences with repairing your cars. i ended putting the car on a lift and changing the transmission fluid and filter. i also added some lucas transmission additive to my transmission. it shifts ten times better than from when i went to pick it up. if their is any way i can help i will be glad to share my experiences repairing my car. i will try to post some pics of my car as soon as i get a chance.

i purchased a 1992 sc400 from one of my friend's grandfather. he was the original owner. the car is in excellent condition. the only downfall i have had so far is that it has set up for three years in his garage. i have been driving the car for about four weeks now. the car has had a couple of problems with it. the normal such as the driver side window and speakers needed to be replaced. i have really enjoyed driving the car. i am hooked. from setting up for so long the transmission started acting funny. now i would like to say that this forum has helped me out a lot with trouble shooting my sc. i would like to say thanks for those who have taken the time to respond to email with their experiences with repairing your cars. i ended putting the car on a lift and changing the transmission fluid and filter. i also added some lucas transmission additive to my transmission. it shifts ten times better than from when i went to pick it up. if their is any way i can help i will be glad to share my experiences repairing my car. i will try to post some pics of my car as soon as i get a chance.

I think it may be the new fluid helping more than the lucas, I've heard that it actually shortens fluid life and causes oxidation as far as its engine oil additive goes.